The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Emi tg12410 Consoles
Old 29th April 2012
GS Member No. 251

Emi tg12410

What would one of these beauties go for in this day and age?

I copied this from High end.
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Depends of the condition of the ELMA switches, and if it requires recapping, modification etc. They are very expensive to rebuild. We have 3 TG12410 consoles at 301, only one is used, the others requires restoration now which would be around $30K just for the switches alone. That's after 30 years of use. You would need a tech that knows them well.

King Willy has one of the best I've ever seen.

I'd say between $30-$50K. (for a desk that requires restoring)
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Larry sold his for US$79k as I recall...

Make me a silly offer and you can buy mine!

King Willy
Old 30th April 2012
$72k to be exact,
but it was in absolute perfect shape from every single part, as new .
Old 1st May 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Bowden View Post
Larry sold his for US$79k as I recall...

Make me a silly offer and you can buy mine!

King Willy
It looks like I under quoted, but my estimate was based on a unit that needed some restoration work.
Old 1st May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben F View Post
It looks like I under quoted, but my estimate was based on a unit that needed some restoration work.
not really it's really state dependant, there was one that sold in netherland recently for a bit lower than that price but it was pretty beaten
Old 1st May 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingstone View Post
$72k to be exact,
but it was in absolute perfect shape from every single part, as new .
Actually that's not true, they recapped it twice, once at Klett's then again in the UK properly. As for as the switches etc though, all original...

And that desk wasn't without issues believe me, I think/hope they got it all fixed in the end though but it was a long haul as those Nigerian desks were in a very neglected condition. Two of them came up for sale around the time I got mine and around the time VK sold the 3 Capetown desks (of which mine is a 4th).

King Willy
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Actually that's not true, they recapped it twice, once at Klett's then again in the UK properly. As for as the switches etc though, all original...

And that desk wasn't without issues believe me, I think/hope they got it all fixed in the end though but it was a long haul as those Nigerian desks were in a very neglected condition. Two of them came up for sale around the time I got mine and around the time VK sold the 3 Capetown desks (of which mine is a 4th).

King Willy
I know that this is 7 years after the last post on this thread, but I have just become aware of the TG12410 (having been previously 'familiar' with the REDD 51 and TG12345 because I am a huge Beatles fan).

Given what you wrote, King Willy, could the desk that you mention have been used to record 'Band On The Run' when Macca went to Lagos to record the beds for that album?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
I know that this is 7 years after the last post on this thread, but I have just become aware of the TG12410 (having been previously 'familiar' with the REDD 51 and TG12345 because I am a huge Beatles fan).

Given what you wrote, King Willy, could the desk that you mention have been used to record 'Band On The Run' when Macca went to Lagos to record the beds for that album?
I suppose anything is possible, but it's extremely unlikey I would think. This was one of the mastering (transfer in EMI terms) consoles, and didn't have pre-amps. Brian Gibson might have a clue at TGMixers, or if you can find someone who worked at EMI Capetown they might know.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I suppose anything is possible, but it's extremely unlikey I would think. This was one of the mastering (transfer in EMI terms) consoles, and didn't have pre-amps. Brian Gibson might have a clue at TGMixers, or if you can find someone who worked at EMI Capetown they might know.
Hi William,
Many thanks for the incredibly swift, and helpful reply.

I did not know about TGMixers, so will head on over there, and see if Brian Gibson knows.

All the best.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search