The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DSD -> SACD Dynamics Plugins
Old 23rd July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellotron View Post
Anyone here that's actually authored for a DVD-Audio release for any client in the past year??
A dozen or so.
Old 21st August 2010
Here for the gear

premaster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crna59 View Post
Well for the "Discwelder Chrome II" DVD-A authoring package at $3k, at least you can burn a pre-master with your Plextor drive!! I still have to send my DSD files out to get the SACD conversion. Guess we'll have to wait for Sony to release? a SACD burner. Is Sony learning the business practices of Digi??

Regards,
Does the pre-master you make using the "Discwelder Chrome II" DVD-A authoring package with the Plextor drive result in a SACD reference disk that can be played back in all SACD players?
Old 21st August 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilwilkes View Post
Several.
King Crimson's "In The Court Of The Crimson King", "Lizard" & "Red".
Neil -
Very cool to hear that you're staying busy doing DVD-A authoring still.
I'm a huge Crimson fan from since I was a teenager so very curious about these releases in particular. Can you give any details on working on these titles? Did you receive pre-mastered files from DGM (if in which case I'm guessing David Singleton handled this) or was this remastering done by yourself as well as the authoring? Was this done with a DVD-V compatible layer as well? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Old 22nd August 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirezsqwave View Post
Does the pre-master you make using the "Discwelder Chrome II" DVD-A authoring package with the Plextor drive result in a SACD reference disk that can be played back in all SACD players?
Nope, it can convert the files to PCM and burn a reference DVD-Audio disk (that can be played in all DVD-Audio players). That feature was implemented as a result that you can not "burn" a SACD disk, it has to be replicated from the plant and people wanted to get a close a reference disk as possible and conversion to high resolution PCM is as close as you'll get.
Old 7th December 2010
Here for the gear

Now there's a way. See this thread.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search