The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sade - the ultimate collection
Old 18th October 2011
Gear nut

Sade - the ultimate collection

Dunno if I am the only one that hears it, but Sade's "new" Album "The Ultimate Collection" is just horrible in terms of remastering. So much distortion! Just listen to "No Ordinary Love" on it... (And no, it's certainly NOT Mike Pela's fault, he did an impressive job in terms of production and mixing, just listen to the old Sade albums. And the mastering on them was excellent too.)
Old 19th October 2011

I guess they (modern remasterers) don't respect musically smooth operators. Instead, they go forth with an 'if it ain't broke, do try to fix it and break (AKA 'smash') it. ---------- Musical Sabotage : will the trend ever end ?
Old 19th October 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogulator View Post
Dunno if I am the only one that hears it, but Sade's "new" Album "The Ultimate Collection" is just horrible in terms of remastering. So much distortion! Just listen to "No Ordinary Love" on it... (And no, it's certainly NOT Mike Pela's fault, he did an impressive job in terms of production and mixing, just listen to the old Sade albums. And the mastering on them was excellent too.)
It is not surprising.

Love Deluxe was already loud compared to her previous albums. Personally, my favourite Albums were "Promise" & "Stronger Than Pride" from a dB standpoint. Lots of headroom.

Cheers!
Old 19th October 2011
Gear Addict

'Stronger Than Pride' is a classic example of how headroom makes a recording stand out. Other examples are Seal's first album, Elkie Brooks' 'Stay With Me Till Dawn', and 10CC's 'I'm Not In Love'.
Old 19th October 2011
Gear addict

The Original CD purchased 23 years ago.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search