The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixbook Mastering eBook
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Mixbook Mastering eBook

I've wanted to check out this book https://www.mixbooks.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=77417 curious what it contains.

I purchased it last March and they sent me a passcode to view it. The passcode didn't work. I emailed customer service twice to no response.

Totally forgot about it.

Purchased it again a few days ago. Didn't get any email or passcode from mixbooks. I emailed them and all the emails bounce back. I called customer service and they have no clue what's going on. They promised to get back to me, but never did.

Has anyone bought a ebook from Mixbooks? Any issues?
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Sounds like you got burned.

Twice.....
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Its probably covers information that is better covered by Bob Kats in his book. I also don't think that the process of mastering is covered or shrouded in mystery, its better stated covered or shrouded in user ignorance....

Its really just about using room acoustics to make corrections that translate across various standards, and knowing how to prepare client material for replication/duplication in various different book color standards. It's also the last time someone will have an opportunity to make corrections (such as misspellings, missing art work) or recall a mix because of correctable errors.

In the end we are like your college buddy proof reading your work, and making any corrections before you have to present it before class and the girl that you've been trying to hook up with since last weekend. heh
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Nut

In the end we are like your college buddy proof reading your work, and making any corrections before you have to present it before class and the girl that you've been trying to hook up with since last weekend. heh[/QUOTE]

"Word"!!!
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu432 View Post
Its probably covers information that is better covered by Bob Kats in his book. I also don't think that the process of mastering is covered or shrouded in mystery, its better stated covered or shrouded in user ignorance....
I would concur that Bob Katz's book is mostly likely a more comprehensive read. I own the 2nd Edition and have read it cover to cover twice....every time I have picked up a new concept and/or learning. Bob's book at times is very detailed and technical but by reading more it really starts to make alot of sense.

There is also going to be a 3rd Edition coming out in the near future with more information on the digital format side.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasters View Post
I've wanted to check out this book https://www.mixbooks.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=77417 curious what it contains.

I purchased it last March and they sent me a passcode to view it. The passcode didn't work. I emailed customer service twice to no response.

Totally forgot about it.

Purchased it again a few days ago. Didn't get any email or passcode from mixbooks. I emailed them and all the emails bounce back. I called customer service and they have no clue what's going on. They promised to get back to me, but never did.

Has anyone bought a ebook from Mixbooks? Any issues?
i never buy anything on the net where it has to be downloaded.

why would you buy it again when you got cheated once already?

paypal or cc co. shoudl protect you if you file a complaint

write the AG in their state and tell they of the fraud

update:
i see they are by mix
a very large company
write the editor of mix mag
write the publisher
call the number on their web site
sounds like a glitch not that they are trying to cheat you

i dont think they are a scam
try to contact them again at all of these
write them at
P.O. Box 16886
North Hollywood, CA 91615-5158

call these numbers
Phone: 866-860-7087(U.S. Only)
818-487-2020
Fax: 818-487-4550

which email failed for you ?
try this one
EMail: [email protected]

this one gets bounced and is not working
[email protected]

Last edited by oldeanalogueguy; 17th September 2011 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: update
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu432 View Post
In the end we are like your college buddy proof reading your work, and making any corrections...
If you're dealing with a pro mastering engineer then it's more like getting your English professor to proof read your work.

Old 26th September 2011
Gear Addict

Thanks

Both emails bounce back and phone calls go unreturned or they promise to get back to me and don't. It's just a big waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeanalogueguy View Post
i never buy anything on the net where it has to be downloaded.

why would you buy it again when you got cheated once already?

paypal or cc co. shoudl protect you if you file a complaint

write the AG in their state and tell they of the fraud

update:
i see they are by mix
a very large company
write the editor of mix mag
write the publisher
call the number on their web site
sounds like a glitch not that they are trying to cheat you

i dont think they are a scam
try to contact them again at all of these
write them at
P.O. Box 16886
North Hollywood, CA 91615-5158

call these numbers
Phone: 866-860-7087(U.S. Only)
818-487-2020
Fax: 818-487-4550

which email failed for you ?
try this one
EMail: [email protected]

this one gets bounced and is not working
[email protected]
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Some people are just basically rotten---
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yep, emails bounce back. Best thing you can do is what you are doing now - making other people aware that this company is not operating in a proper manner.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search