The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DDP question DAW Software
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

DDP question

Hi,

When saving / exporting a DDP image, is the "Audio.dat" file a bounce of the whole project ?

So if one have , lets say different limiter settings on different tracks/ regions, this will get bounced down before converted to the "Audio.dat" file ?
Same with volume adjustments on regions ?

tia
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak orange View Post
Hi,

When saving / exporting a DDP image, is the "Audio.dat" file a bounce of the whole project ?

So if one have , lets say different limiter settings on different tracks/ regions, this will get bounced down before converted to the "Audio.dat" file ?

tia
Yes, the Audio.dat file is roughly equivalent to a 16-bit-rendered wav of your project/montage.
It just has a different header.

Actually, you can get rid of the header and compare the audio.dat to a rendered wav. (f.e. with the 'compare files' command in Wavelab)
If the resulting delta-file's maximum peaks are of the same level in dbFS as the max peak level of the dithering algorithm you used, your DDP-image didn't have any errors included during the making of the fileset.
Do that if you don't trust your DDP software 100% (or recently changed it.)
F.e. I did it with most DDPs since switching to Wavelab 7.
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak orange View Post
Hi,

tia
In something like WaveLab, it certainly would.
I have to confess that I normally make my master WAV file first, and check that, then the DDPi, and then I will write that back to CD/DVD and check the resulting disc.
Must try the WaveLab way next time around....

EDIT - Love the sig, BTW.
Old 15th September 2011
I've always seen it as image.dat but yes, like everyone else. it's a single PCM file of the whole disc.

And yes whatever program you used bounced out the project with whatever processing was applied, and this bounce is what became the .dat file.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search