The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digital Plugin EQ Poll - 2011 Equalizer Plugins
View Poll Results: Favorite Mastering EQ (plugin)
Algorithmix red
10 Votes - 5.59%
Algorithmix orange
1 Votes - 0.56%
Algorithmix blue
2 Votes - 1.12%
Flux Epure
17 Votes - 9.50%
DMG EQuality
32 Votes - 17.88%
PLPAReq
9 Votes - 5.03%
Izotope Ozone
12 Votes - 6.70%
Abbey Road TG-Mastering EQs
12 Votes - 6.70%
FAB Filter Pro-Q
32 Votes - 17.88%
Sonoris Linear Phase EQ
1 Votes - 0.56%
Sonoris Mastering EQ
19 Votes - 10.61%
PSP Neon
22 Votes - 12.29%
DDMF LP10
10 Votes - 5.59%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclayers View Post
Fabfilter Pro Q and the Sonoris Mastering EQs are my favorites. The Sonoris has a wonderful full low end and a smooth airy high end for a digital EQ plugin.
Thats why Sonoris is my number one. I also like pro Q, equality, and neon for some things. I'd like to try the flux epure though.
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

I voted Sonoris master eq. Just bought Sonoris mastering bundle and im very happy i did. Also UAD passive massive always in the master bus for me.

About Pro-Q: wow! suprised to see so many votes.
Old 9th October 2011
I just did a shoot out with some digital EQs...DDMF IIEQ, eQuality and Sonic Timeworks EQ1....and Nebula EQs (Analogue in the Box API in this case as it has gain in db to compare)...

Those digital EQs are all good - I actually like Sonictimeworks a lot - slightly over eQuality in basic sound. But obviously eQuality and IIEQ more versatile. IIEQ Pro very nice interface (and price!).

IMO they all sound quite similar with small boosts - its not gonna make or break a mix. Im not a professional ME - but I dont think people often make large boosts in this field - but more likely small tonal changes.

However - when boosting say 5-10 db - is when I hear digital EQ starting to sound harsh and ring - where to my ears Nebula sounds much more effortless. If I were to describe it - I would say - the Nebula boost has dimension which makes it seem less static and not forced. It comes from within the signal - as opposed to on top. I dont want to be another boring Nebula acolyte - and I sometimes despair at the handling - but it is very interesting to me - the difference in sound...Im still working out tho the best way to manage it in my workflow and the right time to use it - hence testing other EQs...I can understand why not all ME are jumping at it tho...very idiosyncratic when algo EQ are effective with efficient interfaces...
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

My vote

I chose Ozone because I have used it the most but I would say the PSP neon is the EQ of choice for me.
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

To nebula users (and others alike): for a native analog phase eq u should check duende native. Also equality's analog phase mode is nothing compares to duende's cs eq. And compared to waves ssl4000 i can say that it literally sounds x10 times better (both cs and buss comp).

I should be payed from ssl for this kind of talk.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

I did a test between sonoris mastering eq, epureII and equality (set in linear phase) with one of my mixes. eqs alone in the master bus with the same filter settings to begin with, then i did some fine gain and q changes to try to match them. sonoris is the more detailed, neutral and transparent, indeed a mastering eq. equality was unable to get to match because it sounds different, it's more punchy, with less detail & clarity exaggerates stereo a little bit but loses some mono information. after many abs i found that equality's linear phase is as good as sonoris' minimum phase setting!! (the worst and more cpu lite setting out of 5!) in all cases sonoris was more detailed, even without oversampling, so equality is the worst of the three.

epure is more close to sonoris but has character. it has good detail, it's more crisp and hollow, high end sounds somewhat more empty, so more relaxing, with a tone tilt very slightly towards the lows. it sounds pleasant, it has a good bass boost - boomy and full, and coloured in the upper bass. i like it.
Old 10th October 2011
Gear Head

1. Massenburg Design Works.
2. Sonic EQ
I have used the Sonnox EQ on very rare occasions
Old 26th December 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabmaster View Post
Sonalksis SV-517 works well for me.
300% Agree. SV-517 is one of the most underrated mp EQs out there
I love DDMF LP10 for top end.
Sonnox EQ is also good. Very transparent to my ears.
Old 26th December 2011
Lives for gear

Pro Q is so easy to use, sounds clean and is easy on the eye.
Recently been using SoundRadix Surfer EQ and getting great results.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search