The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ozone Groan
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Ozone Groan

I'm pretty new to Ozone but it seems if I apply it on a mix that fades in or out at some point it just cuts off and there's no place for a subtle rise in volume. Is this because I should apply my fades after the fact? If I have a quite part in the middle of the song it cuts it off. I was looking for something that controls this threshold but I can't seem to find it. Please help this poor noob.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Do you have the expander turned on? It's almost never needed in mastering, make sure the bottom Ratio control in each band of the compressor is set to zero. (Setting it to a negative number is a really interesting and useful effect, but for a self-professed noob you might want to leave it at zero until you get the hang of the rest of the plug.)
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidernook View Post
I'm pretty new to Ozone but it seems if I apply it on a mix that fades in or out at some point it just cuts off and there's no place for a subtle rise in volume. Is this because I should apply my fades after the fact? If I have a quite part in the middle of the song it cuts it off. I was looking for something that controls this threshold but I can't seem to find it. Please help this poor noob.
That kind of soubds like a gate of some sort, not sure what you are doing for compression but be sure that you don't have agrresive settings. A good preset to start with for references levels on all of the tools is "CD" it basically gets your levels up without a ot of coloration ans the compression settings are fairly tame.
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Had the same problem and found the expander ratio and threshold was off.
Go to the multi band dynamics and do what mazevedo stated with the expander.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Ahhhh, ok. One more nooby question. I see the preset page upon opening Ozone 4 and that's what I experiment with (for now) but I have little to no idea how to navigate to other windows to edit parameters. Is it just me or is this interface a little odd? I poked through the online manual but I must be missing something uber fundamental here....
Attached Images
File Type: png noob screen.png (230.3 KB, 86 views)
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

There is a lot of video tutorials out there on you tube and on Ozone's site. My favorite is groove3.com, they have a crash course video.
Anyway,
Pick your preset, click OK. The big button next to each plug-in is the way to access the parameters.
Good luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search