The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
wavelab 7.1 how it's going
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
wavelab 7.1 how it's going

interested in current state .. is it rock solid yet on PC ... ???
any users out there ...
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

well.. i am still running 7.10 while there is also a 7.11 version which is not a good update. It crashes, removes the first milliseconds of audio of the beginning and things like that, some other things tend to work better but to me the other things (working audio) are WAY more important.
The 7.11 is not a supported version which i think is strange since it's public and the only version available on the site.
7.10 is quite stable though i never use the render function, i just record what is played back. That way i can HEAR the rendering (still don't get it, asked for this since v6.0) and i don't get drop-outs and if things go wrong i hear it right away, not after all is done.

If i like WL7? yes i do.. even though it's still way to buggy for such a program!
There is an update (7.2) coming pretty soon and i seriously hope it's going to be a lot better.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by da goose View Post
i just record what is played back. That way i can HEAR the rendering (still don't get it, asked for this since v6.0) and i don't get drop-outs and if things go wrong i hear it right away, not after all is done
OT: Just curious, what are you recording into?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterS View Post
OT: Just curious, what are you recording into?
If you press record and then choose the option 'record what is played back' it records to a new file. That way you hear anything going on and since the last thing in the chain is a limiter you record internally. Of course this is done with the external gear for analof processing in the chain before the limiter.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

works for me on Mac.

Still don't like the GUI, though..
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Guru

Verified Member
I am still not using WL7 when clients are present. I still like WL6 when working with clients as it is stable and I can get things done quickly because I know how everything works and where everything is located. The GUI was suppose to be much better in WL7 but it is not IMHO. We are using it on a PC and on a MAC and the PC seems more stable than the MAC version. I wish PG had not made so many changes in the program. All we really needed was 64 bits and DDP and I think most people would have been happy.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

Mac Version is still pretty buggy/crashing, W7.1 have a lots of problems with 3rd party plug ins.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
Mac Version is still pretty buggy/crashing, W7.1 have a lots of problems with 3rd party plug ins.
For me v7.1.1 it's working good on Mac.
I work everyday with it essentially on Audio Montage and Audio editing using many plugs.
And it's the most stable W7 version till now...
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik31 View Post
For me v7.1.1 it's working good on Mac.
I work everyday with it essentially on Audio Montage and Audio editing using many plugs.
And it's the most stable W7 version till now...
Ok, that sounds hopefully, I have problems with Waves(Wupped) and SSL X-EQ & Comp.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

7.1 on PC feels good to me. More professional and trustworthy than previous versions to my mind. I roll with SADiE here as well which is like a Rolls Royce DAW so it had a lot to keep up with to be honest.

I always felt I had to double check and watch every move in other versions but this is working out very well for me personally.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search