The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best EQ For Cloning or replicating Spectrums Equalizer Plugins
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollins View Post
You are certainly welcome to take any path, I am only offering my perspective.

But I can tell you that no professional engineer I know is using anything like that 'matching' technique. This actually goes for many things seen on Gearslutz like emphasis on RMS, analyzers, K-systems etc. But you already knew that.

DC
I am not using "matching technique" for any pro mastering projects.. this thread has been more for fun and learning for my own personal pleasure and projects ..

"But I can tell you that no professional engineer I know is using anything like that 'matching' technique. This actually goes for many things seen on Gearslutz like emphasis on RMS, analyzers, K-systems etc. But you already knew that" ... You are right ... I already knew this...

Khob Khun Krab for your input though..
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hi!
Har Bal has that feature you asked for as well.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
I actually tried hal-bal and I learned a lot. I analyzed a song, then put mine in and there were some issues in translation that were a bit off. So I spent 45min or so fixing curves by hand and seeing where I went wrong. It sounded better on smaller systems and I learned a lot. The eq is crap and it's stand alone otherwise I might actually use it for a final product. Using your ears is very important, but to you people who are pretty good at it, there are some that still struggle and have no guidance other than people saying it's crap and use your ears. I'd rather use it and be informed what I'm doing wrong or if I'm way off by comparing it to something similar. We all know we can't just match it and go with it, but matching it and then spending the time to tweak it and using your ears is way better than nothing at all and chasing your tail.

Less bitching,more advice and help instead of audiophile snobbery please.
Old 26th October 2011
Gear Maniac

So any advanced users that can pitch in on Har Bal and the competition (in a more tangential sense) like ozone4?
Old 26th October 2011
Gear Nut

Bias RepliQ - try it
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Here's a radical idea - how about using your ears, and tweaking your favorite EQ by hand to suit?

Thor
Beat me to it Thor!

Standard parametric, good monitoring, careful listening, a dash of experience.

Assuming that one would ~want~ to copy an EQ curve, rather than do your own.

JT
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry to say it for the users, but that kind of replicating spectrum is completely sh*t idea. And I've tried HalBar. You can't just replicate spectrum. Every mix is different! You cant apply Green Day "American Idiot" spectrum to home made recorded punk rock. It will sound just bad.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search