The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dangerous Music Liaison
Old 7th February 2011
Here for the gear

Dangerous Music Liaison

Hey there all,

I've heard a rumour or two about Dangerous Music putting an insert switcher/router together, that they took (possibly a demo of) to NAMM this year. Anyone heard anything about it?
Old 7th February 2011
Lives for gear

There is some info and a picture in this thread but that is all I have seen so far.

Looks interesting, would be great to know what price point it is expected to sell for.

New Mastering Console
Old 7th February 2011
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
2 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by areyousure View Post
Hey there all,

I've heard a rumour or two about Dangerous Music putting an insert switcher/router together, that they took (possibly a demo of) to NAMM this year. Anyone heard anything about it?
Contact Stefan directly for EU info (masteringworks.com)
Old 7th February 2011
Gear Addict

My favorite part of the Dangerous Liason is that the name is a particularly memorable lyric in an incredibly obnoxious Jason Mraz song...
Old 7th February 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks for the links! There's a video up at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=304zqnk2s18

Looks like a great product, could be just the sort of device I'm looking for.
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Addict

now that looks pretty damn cool. I wonder if it has an MS option
Old 8th February 2011
Here for the gear

M/S would be great if it were in built! I guess I could use one of their S and M boxes on the whole bus or a particular insert if needed.

I really like the look of the whole parallel functionality too. All in all I can't wait to see a manual or even one in the flesh!

I've had word from Dangerous that it might be roughly 3 months away from launch.
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Head

You will see one at Musikmesse in Frankfurt if you happen to be there.

Yes the idea is to use the Dangerous Master or the Dangerous S&M if you like to work in M/S - you could have 6 inserts in M/S or less of course.

Please check the website for the product launch and the dealers that carry it.!

Thanks Stefan

http://www.masteringworks.com
Old 10th February 2011
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
2 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteringworks View Post
You will see one at Musikmesse in Frankfurt if you happen to be there.

Yes the idea is to use the Dangerous Master or the Dangerous S&M if you like to work in M/S - you could have 6 inserts in M/S or less of course.

Please check the website for the product launch and the dealers that carry it.!

Thanks Stefan

http://www.masteringworks.com
Will you guys also have the UF1 on display at the Messe?
Old 27th February 2011
Gear Head

Hi Riccardo - sure all products will be in Frankfurt, the whole Dangerous Music Line, The UF-1 and the W2377, The RockRuepel comp.one and Sterling Modulars PLAN D, PLAN A, RACKS and newbies....

See ya there- Hall 5.1 Booth A80 and A81

Stefan
Old 12th April 2011
Audio Alchemist

Looks promising. I'll probably buy one if the price is right (<USD $3,800 ex. VAT in Denmark).
Old 13th April 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
12 Reviews written
This is just the thing I've been looking for to complete/compliment my existing Dangerous console. Anyone got a pdf or some rear photos of this unit? Any idea of price?

The Dangerous products are built incredibly well & just work day in day out without a hitch. I love the sound (or lack thereof) of the monitor & master sections. When the Manley BB came out I thought about changing the master section to this because it has more inserts, the parallel path & the floating M/S options but I've had a couple of people say that they didn't like the 'sound' of this unit & re-sold it in favour of the Dangerous products. So I was reluctant to jump ship to gain a few more options. Now the Liason unit is coming & looks even more feature packed than the BB I'm glad I held out.
Old 13th April 2011
Lives for gear

From what I understand the Dangerous Liaison would be inserted on one of the inserts on the Dangerous master which I don't think is the most elegant integration of the unit, but it does allow both to be used together to take advantage of the Masters gain and MS matrix, and also for both to exist as standalone products.

I am really interested to find out more and what price the Liaison is expected to sell for.
Old 13th April 2011
Gear Addict

Verified Member
1 Review written
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut78 View Post
I am really interested to find out more and what price the Liaison is expected to sell for.
It was mentioned in a PRW thread* that the price might be around $2,000.

If you add things up and compare...

Manley Backbone: ~$5,500; 8 inserts (+1 extra); 2U of space.
DM Master+Liaison: ~$6,700; 2+6 inserts; 4U of space.

I don't know how much a comparable Crookwood console would cost but it would be interesting to add to the list.

* How the Manley Backbone Changed My Life...

Last edited by acorneau; 13th April 2011 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Actually a PRW thread, not PSW. D'oh!
Old 13th April 2011
Audio Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorneau View Post
It was mentioned in a PSW thread* that the price might be around $2,000.
Great, that means it'll retail for about $3,600 here. Looks like a winner.
Old 14th April 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKapala View Post
My favorite part of the Dangerous Liason is that the name is a particularly memorable lyric in an incredibly obnoxious Jason Mraz song...

Dangerous Liaisons is a 1988 drama film based upon Christopher Hampton's play, Les liaisons dangereuses, which in turn was a theatrical adaptation of the 18th-century French novel Les Liaisons dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos.
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
12 Reviews written
I've sourced a picture of the rear of the unit for those interested.. doesn't really help too much though unfortunately.. I'm curious about the db25 connector. Pricing & release date still haven't been set.

Dangerous Music Liaison-dangerous_liason_rear_panel.jpg
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKapala View Post
Surely you can't be that ahistorical?!?

- c
Old 25th April 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGray View Post
I've sourced a picture of the rear of the unit for those interested.. doesn't really help too much though unfortunately.. I'm curious about the db25 connector. Pricing & release date still haven't been set.

Attachment 230524
Hi Matt - the db25 will let you monitor before and after Bus A and before and after Bus B for total control om your monitor controller !

stef
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
12 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteringworks View Post
Hi Matt - the db25 will let you monitor before and after Bus A and before and after Bus B for total control om your monitor controller !

stef
Good to know.. sounds promising, but when is the release date & how much will it be?
Old 29th April 2011
backbone has more inserts but dangerous has a really nice sounding m/s matrix on board and sounds great. who really needs all those inserts?
Old 12th May 2011
Gear Head

Inserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Leonard View Post

backbone has more inserts but dangerous has a really nice sounding m/s matrix on board and sounds great. who really needs all those inserts?
I do!
Old 12th May 2011
Gear Head

Excite!

Very exciting what the dangerous are doing.
Old 22nd May 2011
Gear Head

all the dangerous stuff is nice but overpriced cuz they don`t wan`t to look cheap or better don`t wan`t that much people use their gear because then it won`t be exclusive anymore.

c`mon this sucks i own many hardware synths and such stuff but why blocking musicans and talents with such high prices, instead supporting music and musicans with an another product policy
Old 22nd May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrecords View Post
all the dangerous stuff is nice but overpriced cuz they don`t wan`t to look cheap or better don`t wan`t that much people use their gear because then it won`t be exclusive anymore.

c`mon this sucks i own many hardware synths and such stuff but why blocking musicans and talents with such high prices, instead supporting music and musicans with an another product policy
You seem confused about a great many things.

- c
Old 23rd May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

I agree if it's opposite day and you're George Costanza.
Old 20th July 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
12 Reviews written
Pricing announced...

Front End Audio | Your Ultimate Pro Audio Dealer | 888-228-4530

Looks like retail is $2819US.. street price of $2400
Old 20th July 2011
Gear Maniac

it's not really really expensive... good surprise.
Old 25th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

The Liaison looks interesting. As far as pricing on their units, the products are obtainable for the average guy who works a 9-5.
One thing i will riff about is before the BAX EQ was for sale, I spoke to Dangerous about the price of the BAX and they told me $1600-$1800 street price. Once they launched the BAX, $2200. I still paid the $2200 but still, very misleading.
Plus dealers dont chop Dangerous Music products prices from my experience with the Dbox + Bax.
Old 27th July 2011
Audio Alchemist

I've ordered the first unit to arrive in Denmark. Let's hope it's a good one. It retails at $3,400 in DK.

I'll be sure to report back here.
📝 Reply