The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dangerous Music Liaison
Old 7th October 2013
Lives for gear

Thats great thanks!
Old 8th April 2015
Lives for gear

Not much talk about this unit, but many sales?

I think this is an interesting product, but as I am not a mastering guy, but do mixing jobs only I wonder if this would be a better setup with my additional hardware (Lexicons, Alan Smart C2M, Fatso, Culture Vulture, Great River 500 Comp, Kush Audio Electra EQ) than a patchbay?
Old 8th April 2015
Lives for gear

Yes, use a patchbay for mixing. More flexibility. I have a Liaison and it's great for mastering. I use patchbays for my mix setup though. Because I need more patch points across lots of channel inserts.
Old 26th January 2016
Gear Addict

Liaison users,
is it possible to configure Buss B (with parallel processing) as a submix of Buss A so that Buss B serves as your drum buss processor which is processed and is then feed into Buss A which would serve as the stereo mix buss? If by doing this one has to physically insert the outputs of Buss B into the inputs of Buss A, how then are the other tracks of the song inserted into Buss A if the inputs of Buss A are occupied by the outputs of Buss B?
Any thoughts?
Old 26th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook79 View Post
Liaison users,
is it possible to configure Buss B (with parallel processing) as a submix of Buss A so that Buss B serves as your drum buss processor which is processed and is then feed into Buss A which would serve as the stereo mix buss? If by doing this one has to physically insert the outputs of Buss B into the inputs of Buss A, how then are the other tracks of the song inserted into Buss A if the inputs of Buss A are occupied by the outputs of Buss B?
Any thoughts?
Not with the Liaison alone. You can not blend Buss B into A. You needed a summing mixer or similar where you sum the rest of the stereo mix buss and what's coming from the Liaison's Buss B (parallel compressed drums in your scenario).
Old 29th July 2018
Lives for gear

Question:

Lets say I have a stereo A/D but have several different types of inputs (various mic pre, DIs, reactive load box, etc).

Could I take the outputs of each of these sources and use the insert returns for each on "Bus A" on the liason?

In other words, by selecting an insert on the liason I would be selecting the source (mic pre or di or etc) not an insert to follow the source. Obviously only one could be used at a time but if you can put the send of bus A into Bus B then it would still function as in insert switcher too.

Just trying to avoid another patchbay...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm going to be installing a Liaison in my rack soon. For purposes of rackspace planning, can anyone tell me whether this unit runs hot? Will it need a blank space above?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
I'm going to be installing a Liaison in my rack soon. For purposes of rackspace planning, can anyone tell me whether this unit runs hot? Will it need a blank space above?
no, just barely warm
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
I have a blanking panel with a brush covered vent above it, but not because it's warm. It just lets me feed the insert 6 cables round to the back
Old 3 weeks ago
I know there are other options on the market now, but I'd be curious to see a Dangerous Liaison 2.0 that expands the # of inserts, keeps the parallel bus and allows even more flexible routing. Or maybe I should just get a Hermes...
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollmottle View Post
I know there are other options on the market now, but I'd be curious to see a Dangerous Liaison 2.0 that expands the # of inserts, keeps the parallel bus and allows even more flexible routing. Or maybe I should just get a Hermes...
I actually believe the Liaison is the most flexible console as far as routing goes, if you’re feeding Bus A into Bus B. With that trick the amount of options you have are superior to most other consoles, as far as I’m aware.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmarques View Post
I actually believe the Liaison is the most flexible console as far as routing goes, if you’re feeding Bus A into Bus B. With that trick the amount of options you have are superior to most other consoles, as far as I’m aware.
I use the Liaison this way. I think the SPL Hermes can do ad-hoc re-ordering, but I'm not sure it's achieved in as ergonomically as simple a way as the Liaison. The SPL is also $6k. Would be curious to see Dangerous' response to the developments in the market since the release of the Liaison. If it ain't broke...but also I want to see what's next.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxnscratch View Post
no, just barely warm
Quote:
Originally Posted by macc View Post
I have a blanking panel with a brush covered vent above it, but not because it's warm. It just lets me feed the insert 6 cables round to the back
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've had a Dangerous Master & Liaison in combination, no space or blank panel in between, worked great, performed great, didn't get too hot, but warm.
This was the most flexible scenario I could think of... but I ended up (and so do probably lots of others) using the gear in the same (or very similar) order for my work. Of course I don't use the same tools on all projects, but the need to flip inserts, or even re-/unpatch, is rare. I'm on a MTC now, but I can't remember when I last used the flip 1-2 or 4-5 button.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Flint View Post
I've had a Dangerous Master & Liaison in combination, no space or blank panel in between, worked great, performed great, didn't get too hot, but warm.
This was the most flexible scenario I could think of... but I ended up (and so do probably lots of others) using the gear in the same (or very similar) order for my work. Of course I don't use the same tools on all projects, but the need to flip inserts, or even re-/unpatch, is rare. I'm on a MTC now, but I can't remember when I last used the flip 1-2 or 4-5 button.
I agree with that.
And the liaison is great to reach this point, having the hability to try everything for a while until you stabilise around a particular sequence or set of sequence.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Flint View Post
I have same setup and still rock with it. Although I do have a go to order, I just like having the ability to work fast if I need to insert a tube EQ before or after my solid state eqs. I just like the flexibility at least for now. Amazing console for sure.
📝 Reply