The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Enhanced Cds - How? (Adding music video to single/ep cd)
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

Enhanced Cds - How? (Adding music video to single/ep cd)

Hey everyone, basically my band are looking to release the song we did a video for as a single, couple of b-sides, to sell in lieu of a new EP, but with the video included like the enhanced cd's that you used to see loads of.

How is this done? Is it easy? I can easily create a master cd, encode isrc, etc, but i don't know where to start with this!

Many thanks in advance!
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Ouch

I did one not too long ago ... but I forgot a bit ...

you need to make your audio master as usual then you can find a freeware to create the enhanced ccd menu and you basically create a link on a html page so that it launch video. Video must be light otherwise you will have trouble with playing it on a computer
With this done when you insert the cd into a simple cd player it will play audio as usual
If you ever created divx menus as dvd menus it's really similar

I just don't remember the name of the freeware but I guess that you can find it easily on google
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

That's a good start - So you have it as a link to an online-hosted video, rather than just having the video on the cd? Would rther have it ON the cd, than linking to something like youtube - Unless i have misread it...
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Verified Member
You burn the audio portion, but leave the session open, then add the data section and finalize the disc.

DC
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Maniac

The software makes you create an html page which will load as the cd menu when cd is inserted in a multimedia player

On this menu you then create a link to your disk that's why I said you have to be careful that your video is light otherwise the cd will not read properly.

Putting a link to a website is laos possible (as you cretae a menu you do whatever you want)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search