The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundblade using DigiHD interface Audio Interfaces
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

Soundblade using DigiHD interface

Hello.

I'm trying to use Soundblade with my Digi HD card as the interface.(until my lynx card comes in) It doesn't seem to show up as an option when trying to create an aggregate device, and It won't recognize in SB when selected directly.

Has anyone been able to use an HD core card (interface attached) as the primary input/output of Soundblade? If so, any suggestions for me getting running? I'm not getting a clear picture if this is possible or not when searching for it. I'm using OSX 10.6.2 and SB 1.3.5. with PT 8.0.3.

Thanks,

K.
Old 21st December 2010
jdg
Lives for gear

Verified Member
you have the digi core audio driver?
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._652_26857.pdf
Old 21st December 2010

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by krytikal1 View Post
Hello.

I'm trying to use Soundblade with my Digi HD card as the interface.(until my lynx card comes in) It doesn't seem to show up as an option when trying to create an aggregate device, and It won't recognize in SB when selected directly.

Has anyone been able to use an HD core card (interface attached) as the primary input/output of Soundblade? If so, any suggestions for me getting running? I'm not getting a clear picture if this is possible or not when searching for it. I'm using OSX 10.6.2 and SB 1.3.5. with PT 8.0.3.

Thanks,

K.
I've used it with HD and LE hardware. It wasn't an aggregate device, it was just selected as primary I/O. It shows up in the sound prefs and/or audio/midi prefs.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

I do have the core audio installed.

And I see the digi i/o in the audio/midi window. But SB says it does not have anything selected when that is selected. It also shows that the digi only has 8 in and 2 out instead of 16X16 which it is.

K
Old 21st December 2010
jdg
Lives for gear

Verified Member
have your done the sonic voodoo dance?

1. delete prefs command (in the soundblade dir)
2. repair perms
3. reboot

if that fails, try:
1. reinstall ilok
2. reinstall coreaudio for digi
3. reinstall the latest combo updater for your patch level of OSX

and to quote myself
"soundBlade still more bugs then in my backyard"
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

Tried them all and still fail.

Quite odd as I just need to pick the PT hardware as my main output and PMCD runs without issue. I've never even been to the audio midi setup with it. But as soon as I installed SB, now PMCD asks me the same questions. But PMCD still does work with PT selected as the output under the sound preferences.

Awesome.
Old 21st December 2010

Verified Member
Have you pulled up youtube or something similar and confirmed that it goes out through the digi hardware? In other words, is it globally not working, or is Sonic the only thing that isn't getting through? But you say PMCD is fine at the same time that sB is not? Hmmm... odd. Re: getting into audio/midi setup, in sB you can hit option-a to pull up audio I/O prefs, which has a button on the lower right that brings audio/midi prefs up.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

In the sound pref's in the system pref's folder, you can select your output. Digi Hardware is one of the options. I often play back itunes or safari or whatever through it. PMCD as well. (you can't have PT and something else open at the same time as PT takes over)

When that is selected, it de-selects the output chosen in the audio/midi setup and forces it to the Digi output. For whatever reason, PMCD plays like this, but SB will not. When creating an aggregate device, the digi hardware is not an option to select when selecting the I/O's. I can see the Digi hardware as a main option for selecting (non-aggregate), but when selected this way SB says nope.

I don't really want to use the DAE engine anyways for SB, but just wanted to get the program up and running until I get the lynx card. I didn't think I would have an issue with it as others seem to be running the hardware fine. FWIW, the digi coreaudio comes installed with the PT HD installer. You cannot run the other stand alone digi coreaudio as shown on the Sonic website. So not sure if that is an issue. I did try to install it, but it doesn't change anything.

Thanks,

K
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Not much help here.

A couple years ago I had sB 1.3.4 running with my HD Core card & Digi 192, but it was on my old G5 with OSX 10.4.11. No aggregate device needed. But since then have gone to the Lynx AES16e card which works great on Leopard 10.5.8.

Snow Leopard may have changed the rules.

iirc Tom Volpicelli may have your config working, not sure.

Good Luck, JT
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search