The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shoes / No shoes Condenser Microphones
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakly View Post
Nice!

Do they have to address you as Your Royal Highness and always keep their heads lower than yours?

Mychal
of course!
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Nude?

Well, I had a client in 2005 who decided to change his clothes...but he did not go to the restrooms.
He entered the live room... the camera was on.... We were watching him on his yellow panties doing a free strip tease..everybody comfortablly sat and frozen at the couch !!

LOL
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius van H View Post
Forget all this talk about shoes, the burning question is: who as ever done nude mastering?! - be honest, now!
I once declined a request to perform mastering of one particular song in the nude. We settled for topless in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
What about these?
Freudian slippers... hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertone View Post
Whats your studio policy?

Shoes on, Shoes off?
Whatever works for the client works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundevelop View Post
here in T***o,
I'm curious... Why the ***?
Old 29th November 2009
guys on, gals off
Old 29th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-96 Mastering View Post

I'm curious... Why the ***?

: ) it seems server do not accept city name, I try again: T***o - T.o.k.y.o.

yes it is automatic server change. is your city hidden too?
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Probably related to the antics of ***d***
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc View Post
Probably related to the antics of ***d***
The antics of him, whose name must never be spoken?

Charles Manson?
Osama bin Laden?
Lucifer?
Vanilla Ice?
***d***

Bingo!
Old 29th November 2009
Gear Guru

Verified Member
I once had a client that decided to go au naturale and stripped down to his birthday suit in the middle of the mastering session. He said he felt more "comfortable". I normally turn around and talk to clients as I am mastering but in this instance I kept my eyes strait ahead at the monitors. Before he wrote the check he put his clothes back on and he said he was the most comfortable he had ever been in a mixing or mastering session.
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
as comfortable as possible!
Old 29th November 2009
Audio Alchemist

My next door neighbor studio had a client who put up various ancient charms and insisted all electric devices should be switched off or it would destroy his energy when recording his voice.

Houston.. we have a problem...

I think this experience was part of what caused my neighbor to stop taking in new customers and instead focus on producing. He is now one of the most succesful producers in Denmark, so having the electricity on didn't seem to harm his karma at least.
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Addict

Aren't you shoeless guys concerned about electrical safety issues, i.e., if the path to ground runs through the soles of your feet (especially if floor is concrete on grade) then it's kinda dangerous, no?
Old 30th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius van H View Post
Forget all this talk about shoes, the burning question is: who as ever done nude mastering?! - be honest, now!
Only when I'm looking at that picture of you on the lounge...
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dee View Post
Aren't you shoeless guys concerned about electrical safety issues, i.e., if the path to ground runs through the soles of your feet (especially if floor is concrete on grade) then it's kinda dangerous, no?
In a properly designed mastering studio there should be NO risk of shock even if the client was nude, freshly showered and dripping wet. If there is a shock risk there is something very wrong.
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
If i walked into a mastering session and the ME had his shoes off or was wearing sandles(especially opened toe with no socks) i would walk right right out.

Sorry.
So sandals with socks is ok? Where I'm from wearing sandals with socks is the epitome of bad taste!
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar G. Hinde View Post
So sandals with socks is ok? Where I'm from wearing sandals with socks is the epitome of bad taste!
The standard dress for the summer institutes at the college I use to work for was sandals, socks, shorts and a tee shirt or dress shirt. All the faculty and students were dressed like this for the whole time the institute was in session. No one would wear sandals with out the socks. It was all started by the director of the institute who was from Switzerland and everyone took their dress code from him.
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
The standard dress for the summer institutes at the college I use to work for was sandals, socks, shorts and a tee shirt or dress shirt. All the faculty and students were dressed like this for the whole time the institute was in session. No one would wear sandals with out the socks. It was all started by the director of the institute who was from Switzerland and everyone took their dress code from him.
Actually, here in Spain, whenever we see someone wearing sandals and socks we know there's a 80% chance he comes from somewhere around Germany or that region of Europe. The remainig 20% will be from England

Now no one take offense about the "bad taste" remark, please! I'm saying this in the most humorous spirit possible!

Great room BTW. Love those Alon IV!
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi View Post
Very recognizable, just like clients have to put their fingers physically touching the monitor screen to indicate something
I hate that too!!!!
Old 30th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dee View Post
Sandals with socks are a hazard to mental health.

DC
Old 30th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollins View Post
Sandals with socks are a hazard to mental health.

DC
Phew!! Thank the Lord I'm not alone on this one!
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
you are not alone
Old 1st December 2009
Love shoes off for long sessions. Camper shoes are awesome for slipping in and out of.

Grew up always taking shoes off in homes so I guess it stems from that.
Old 1st December 2009
Lives for gear

Shoes off. 8 years of living in NYC and seeing what is on the streets was enough for me to institute a lifelong habit of shoes-off in the house for everyone.
Old 15th October 2010
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Well its that season again. No shoes here for a couple of months...

What do you think of spa slippers? Might offer them to clients.
Old 16th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Really interesting thread!

Usually my policy is to ask clients to strip when they get in. If it´s an attractive female, I like them to wear long boots and scratch the hell out of my hi end gear. If they are male, they usually get tied with the patch cords and get 1K tone on phones at 85 db for the entire session. Meanwhile I can do my job, usually with my toes, which gives me great pleasure and leaves my hands free to enjoy the pleasures of life, such as posting on this thread
Old 16th October 2010
Just socks, that way I'm not get the electrostatic of the gear and goes stray to earth + I wear a square copper plate, creating a perfect triangle with my copper anticables, same as the SPA, not stress just enjoyment.
Old 16th October 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Piloti shoes
Old 16th October 2010
jdg
Lives for gear

Verified Member
vans
Old 16th October 2010
Here for the gear

Clodhoppers. And they can't move at all, unless it's to tap their foot to the snare.

I'm from Holllland, Isn't tat weirtd
Old 16th October 2010
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz Mastering View Post
Piloti shoes
Yes!

Now back to the loudest plugin threads...
Old 16th October 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg View Post
vans
Snap.

This thread heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search