The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Algorithmix any OSX plans?
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Algorithmix any OSX plans?

Does anyone know if Algorithmix is working on porting there EQ plugs to OSX?
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Did you ask them?
+1
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Did you ask them?
+1
I probably should!

EDIT: Just sent them an email

Basically what I am wondering is if this is something they are open to or if they have a PC only philosophy. I guess by emailing them myself I will get my answer. Feel free to delete this post admins.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

(Good morning Jules!)
Post it back here if they do not have the people who cando!
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

In the meanwhile; have a look at the 112dB EQ (free for 60 days...)
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

I would love to demo the Algorithmix linear phase Red and hear how it compares to my PSP Neon. Its a shame not all plugins are multi platform!
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Algo Blue is available via Duende (X-EQ)
Old 16th November 2009
pmx
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Algo Blue is available via Duende (X-EQ)
is this still just the rumour, or is it confirmed by SSL? i have the x-eq, but never use it. maybe the duende platform has become more stable in the last year, will give it a try again soon.

if you run macs (like me) you could always buy a pc and put in a 2nd hand rme card with aes and run the algo plugs in a vst host as a hardware insert in your chain.
Old 16th November 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

It's not a rumour, it's even written in the manual itself that Algorithmix is involved. X-EQ doesn't have all of Blue's features/algorithms.
Old 16th November 2009
pmx
Gear Addict

Verified Member
'being involved' is something different than saying x-eq == blue.
Old 16th November 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Well, it should be obvious that it's not Blue, because it doesn't have all the features, but read the manual and see the descriptions of the filter types, which are pulled right out of the Blue manual.
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmx View Post
'being involved' is something different than saying x-eq == blue.
I think you won't get any official quote from SSL stating the fact that X-EQ shares the same algorithm as the Algorithmix Blue, but they will probably tell you 'off record' that it is a striped down version of the Blue (less features)...
AFAIK it's not an exclusive developement using a simplified version of their algorithms like they did with the Waves Restauration Bundle - it seems to be the real deal. It should be easy to process a file through both plug ins and run a Null test though...
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
Well, it should be obvious that it's not Blue, because it doesn't have all the features, but read the manual and see the descriptions of the filter types, which are pulled right out of the Blue manual.
thats the point thumbsup
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Response back from Algorithmix for anyone interested:

"Hi,

there are plans, but there is no schedule yet."
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatoric View Post
Response back from Algorithmix for anyone interested:

"Hi,

there are plans, but there is no schedule yet."
Nice, thanks for sharing the update
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Like with Gigastudio?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

I mean, there is an intention ( also in the company statement) not a plan.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

For anyone else that's done or currently involved with remotely commercial software development... you already know that most of the things to resolve about releasing certain software at all, as well as what platforms to create/port it for... is like 90% business decision, 10% technical decision.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Like with Gigastudio?
That actually happened and there were betas to certain users but they were never stable enough for release prior to Tascam closing them down for being a money pit.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Loki, that happened far too late. Peter Alexander wrote a really good insightfull aarticle about this nd pointed out that it's dems was not because of OSX version.
Are Composers To Blame For GigaStudio’s Demise? Some Observations. :: Film Music Magazine
An article that should be read standard by all companies and all mt colleges.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

A bit off topic but I spent a couple hours demoing the Nugen SEQ1 last night. Wow! Its another linear phase, it utilizes a pretty unique technology over other linear phase EQ's from what I gather. Pretty high cpu hit but extremely transparent. Its making me think my PSP Neon has bit more of a "sound" than I thought it did. I will have to spend more with with the Nugen SEQ1 but first impression is extremely positive. Its for both mac and PC.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Loki, that happened far too late. Peter Alexander wrote a really good insightfull aarticle about this nd pointed out that it's dems was not because of OSX version.
Are Composers To Blame For GigaStudio’s Demise? Some Observations. :: Film Music Magazine
An article that should be read standard by all companies and all mt colleges.
I wasn't suggesting that the OSX port was the reason for their demise, just that it did exist and was happening. I'm actually aware of the reasons for the demise of Gigastudio so Alexander's observations are pretty meaningless other than trying to place blame in the wrong areas. JvB didn't have any interest left in the program plus his own illness; prior to that, the tech for disk streaming that was licensed (from a company that didn't exist anymore) prevented any updating to fix where most of the problems were since they didn't have the source (memory limits/poor performance/no expandability to make use of newer computers), and there's a lot more... I just wanted to point out that the OSX version was happening so it wasn't an unfaithful promise by the guys at Gigastudio.

Now to get back OT...

Last edited by Loki; 19th November 2009 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Loki.... a chat?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear