The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What are the best up to date software mastering tools?
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

What are the best up to date software mastering tools?

I use Reason and Record and sometimes i check out what VST world offers.
The title said it all and i know that it sounds stupid to ask something like that but i don't know - there's lot of people who should know here.

By best i mean what would you keep for EQ, Compressor, Limiter etc.

I have Ozone 4 and it does some things very well - i'd say it's good for giving your music more soft and detailed sound. It does it kinda Hifier.

I also know some Voxengo plugs - tried out the Waves.

Your call.
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Addict

Verified Member
2 Reviews written
Samplitude / Sequoia 11.

It has everything you could possible need to cut great masters.
Old 16th November 2009
Here for the gear

WAVES!!

These are by far the best plugin's you can buy (if you can afford them) in my opinion. Go to Audio Software | WAVES for all of there bundles and plugs.

Brent Ogee
index.htm
Old 16th November 2009

Verified Member
If you're looking for plugs, try Algorithmix. They aren't cheap, but you usually get what you pay for, whether hardware or software.

Many plugs are designed for quantity rather than quality, meaning ability to have 64 instances of them running on all your mix channels, rather than dedicating resources so that you get the best quality possible in a mastering context, regardless of reduced instance-count.

What you may be able to get away with when throwing a plug on a few tracks among dozens in a mix, you can't get away with when you put the whole mix through it. Most plug companies are aiming their products at a market different from dedicated professional mastering, and that makes business sense for them, but it does reduce the available choices for our specialized community.
Old 17th November 2009
Quote:
By best i mean what would you keep for EQ, Compressor, Limiter etc.
Flux tools are fantastic and more up-to-date than most other makers.
Old 17th November 2009
GS Community Manager

+1

Flux Alchemist. The further I dig, the more scared I get. What a tool.

Pro Audio DSP's DSM is also used really, really frequently around here because it does things no hardware could ever do.

*I'm not a pro mastering engineer by any stretch but a "serious hobbyist ME" if such a thing is possible. heh
Old 17th November 2009
Deleted User
Digital gain.

Regards
Patrik
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

kjaerhaus had some great plugs for great prices last summer...nice plugs "Gold Series" ..work good!
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Refined audiometrics, algorithmix, flux, brainworx, t-racks 3 (opto, eqp1a & 670), ozone 4.

+1 on Sequoia 11. Everything you need there!
Old 19th November 2009
Here for the gear

hi,

+1 for Sequoia v11

cheers
Phil
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentogee View Post
These are by far the best plugin's you can buy (if you can afford them) in my opinion. Go to Audio Software | WAVES for all of there bundles and plugs.

Brent Ogee
index.htm
IMHO Waves are rubish for mastering yeah they have a few decent plugins but tbh it just worth buy them seperate rarther than bying a bundle.they have some good plugs but i like ozone for mastering. i also like it limiter slightly more, most the time but some time when i get that certain track i will us an L3.
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Addict

Voxengo Elephant is also worth a mention, thats a great limiter. The clipper on solera's output is the best clipping I've heard ITB, if thats not a contradiction in terms
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear
mmm...ozone is nice but you don't have a high-end min-phase eq, if you can use vst plug-ins try this: Christian’s Blog Β» EQs & Filters splitted and oversampled vers. of noname eq. Yep it free, and if you don't mind the GUI its pretty sick eq
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

im no mastering engineer but Pro audio Dsp Dsm is pretty freaking awesome, pretty much all Im gonna be using now...
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentogee View Post

Brent Ogee
index.htm
I would go Waves for mixing. Not mastering.
Old 21st November 2009
kjg
Lives for gear

Pro Audio DSP Dynamic Spectrum Mapper
Flux Solera & Syrah, Pure Limiter, Pure EQ (MP)
Sonoris EQ bundle (MP & LP)
Kjaerhus audio MPL1
Voxengo Elephant
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

lp10 eq !!! from:
**** DDMF-The home of Equalizers-DDMF ****

the finest plugin eq i ever heard! (didn't tried the Algorithmix stuff dough. i'm on mac)
and the ny-comp. is very impressive as well.

also try the psp mastering stuff.
Old 4th January 2010
Dynamic Spectrum Mapper

+1 fo sho!
Very transparent and only makes your signal bad if you want it that way.
It definitely in its own class.
Check out the free trial
Pro Audio DSP - Professional Audio Plugins - Audio Units, Pro Tools and VST for Mac and PC
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear