The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Audition 3 ...Good to burn?
Old 23rd June 2009
Gear Addict

Audition 3 ...Good to burn?

Hey guyz....has anybody used Audition to burn PMCD?? And can it be relied that the disc won't be sent back by the manufacturing plants?? i've looked everywhere about this subject here at GS but can seem to find the answer.....anybody has had good luck with that burn feature?? Thx....
Old 23rd June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sJoeAgain View Post
Hey guyz....has anybody used Audition to burn PMCD?? ....
PMCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 23rd June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2012 View Post
what about it??
Old 23rd June 2009
jdg
Lives for gear

Verified Member
he's saying the only thing that burns real PMCDs are sonic studios/sonic solutions rigs.

and audition 3 burns fine "master CDRs" for replication (it does disc at once/redbook compatible)
Old 23rd June 2009
Gear Addict

pmcd or master cd who gives a sh*t ...my question really was has anybody used this to burn and didn't get rejected by the plant, feel me??
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
pmcd or master cd who gives a sh*t ...my question really was has anybody used this to burn and didn't get rejected by the plant, feel me??
Most software will burn a CD. It's CU errors you have to worry about, so you need a Plextor drive or similar with error checking software.
Old 24th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben F View Post
Most software will burn a CD. It's CU errors you have to worry about, so you need a Plextor drive or similar with error checking software.
thax Ben...so you are saying that so long as i have a plextor drive or something *similar* even Toast can burn perfectly acceptable cds for the plants.......interesting....
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
thax Ben...so you are saying that so long as i have a plextor drive or something *similar* even Toast can burn perfectly acceptable cds for the plants.......interesting....
I think Ben is saying that you need a Plextor drive and/or a similar error checking software and drive that will let you check for error's on the master you've burnt. There is no guarantee of a error free master no matter what you use.

RB Cd's can be rejected for many reasons. Defective Media, Defective Drive, The Software it was burned on got discombobulated etc...

So the only way to know how your master is going to fair at the plant is to test it for error's.

It's also a good idea to send 2 copies of the master to a plant.
Old 24th June 2009
Gear Addict

thnx Tom....i kinda knew that but since i work with Architect and this generic drive, I don' think i've had that many problems....i am just changing the sequence order and burning new discs...no pq code editing or, isrc coding or text, none f that ....too little to do for CD Arch. , but this Audition thing should work with relatively no problems plextor or not right??....and yes, copy/back ups always a good idea.....
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I use CD Architect for making my redbook discs, I have A3 also but laying out a CD there is a bit clumsy, CDA is so much easier. I can't remember specifically what it was that made me shy away from it, but I just remember going "forget it, I'm good with CD Architect."

I don't understand what you mean by:

"no pq code editing or, isrc coding or text, none f that ....too little to do for CD Arch."

B'cus CD Architect does all of that. I think CD Architect might be a little bit more picky when it comes to drives than Audition though. I seem to remember having to download some kind of file to be able to use my old Plextor 8/20 (SCSI).
Old 24th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
I don't understand what you mean by:

"no pq code editing or, isrc coding or text, none f that ....too little to do for CD Arch."
I didn' wanna use CDA just to assemble in sequence some tracks and burn......
Old 25th June 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz Mastering View Post
I think Ben is saying that you need a Plextor drive and/or a similar error checking software and drive that will let you check for error's on the master you've burnt. There is no guarantee of a error free master no matter what you use.

RB Cd's can be rejected for many reasons. Defective Media, Defective Drive, The Software it was burned on got discombobulated etc...

So the only way to know how your master is going to fair at the plant is to test it for error's.

It's also a good idea to send 2 copies of the master to a plant.
this is all very accurate information. (coming from someone who tested and tech-supported ME's burning masters for replication at a plant for years)

plextor is usually a good drive, with the software or without. any drive can go sour though after enough use or with enough dust. Including two identical masters should be second nature. only takes another 5 minutes and can save you loads of time and stress later.

believe it or not, toast and nero are almost always your best bets for burning masters, especially nero for including cd text. many high end dvd/audio softwares just don't pass our tests for various reasons.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search