The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Summit Audio EQ-200 Review - Analog EQ With Digital Control
Old 8th August 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgonsa View Post
I've had this puppy for just about 6 months now, and I was waiting to chime in on it until the afterglow had faded and I had a chance to use it extensively.

I don't really mess around with all the midi automation, but I have the info if I decide to get fancy one day.

adamgonsa have you figured out how to control this via midi?
Old 8th August 2015 | Show parent
Audio Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns456456 View Post
Hi Lagerfeldt, I know this post is old but I just aquuired one of these units and I love the pres on it as well as eq. It is now my goto device. But the knobs are not in great shape. I just want to put it in a rack and control it remotely. Have you figured out how to set it up?
Sorry, never got around to doing that.

How are the knobs not in great shape, as in the push buttons are working fine, but the rotary knobs are faulty/don't respond/skip values?

To they simply need tightening?
Old 8th August 2015
Here for the gear
The master knob push lcd gets stuck and when I push the knob jumps through the menus (skip values) and is much looser than the other buttons. For now I just use the pres adn leave the master settings the same. Also I got a MPE 200s which I use for pres mostly. Just looking for a remote solution to not touch the knobs as much and preserve the physical components of the unit.
Old 9th August 2015
Gear Addict

MPE-200 is a great sounding EQ and it has served me well over the years. But it's time to move on. For anyone who is interested, mine is for sale on the Classifieds section.

Weiss DS1 MK3, Weiss EQ1-DYN-LP, Crane Song STC8-M, HCL Varis, Danfield 726(SSL)
Old 1st September 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Summer clearout

I have just listed mine in the classifieds,Its a very good Eq, but I have other options which I seem to use more....

Summit Audio MPE-200
Old 19th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

TDM- Plugin Anyone? Group-Programming maybe?

Hello there!

recently i got my mpe200 (and "s") and it really sounds great.
tried a little areound with blue cat remote control and it works basically
but not perfect...would need some more possibilities in the programming what midi data is sent exactly (i.e. discrete midi values define the freqencies and inbetween midi values recall additional freqs...that are much higher lower).

does anybody here maybe have a copy of that old tdm plugin?
i would be very happy...

also: might it be an opportunity to gather together and try to rise "funds"
for someone to programm a modern controller plugin?
it doen´t seem too compliceted to me.
it would be worth some money to me and may some more?

let´s start the mpe200 user group:-)
Old 19th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemeek View Post
Hello there!

recently i got my mpe200 (and "s") and it really sounds great.
tried a little areound with blue cat remote control and it works basically
but not perfect...would need some more possibilities in the programming what midi data is sent exactly (i.e. discrete midi values define the freqencies and inbetween midi values recall additional freqs...that are much higher lower).

does anybody here maybe have a copy of that old tdm plugin?
i would be very happy...

also: might it be an opportunity to gather together and try to rise "funds"
for someone to programm a modern controller plugin?
it doen´t seem too compliceted to me.
it would be worth some money to me and may some more?

let´s start the mpe200 user group:-)
For sure, it'd be awesome to control the MPE-200 via a plugin. I attached the file "Summit MPE-200 MIDI Protocol.pdf", which provides as much info on the subject that I've found. Hope it helps.

Hendo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Summit MPE-200 MIDI Protocol.pdf (71.3 KB, 210 views)
Old 25th January 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Selling this Preamp/EQ in the classified .. located in NYC. Sounds killer! Would like to keep it, but there is only so much rack-space and another engineer is moving in some of his gear as well. Mama taught me to share

Summit Audio MPE-200 - Dual Channel Neve preamp / mastering EQ with Digital Recall
Old 4th April 2016
Lives for gear

I have seen many MPE-200 units but never an EQ-200 without the pres?
Old 4th April 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

Eq-200s are more rare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietrich10 View Post
I have seen many MPE-200 units but never an EQ-200 without the pres?

At Summit we built far fewer EQ-200s than MPEs. The Pre amps have their own path as well as their own output transformers. So an MPE is pretty much a stand alone EQ and stand alone set of pres. For the price difference most ended up taking the pair of pres for what ended up being several hundred dollars.

I would say that we made more than 10 times as many MPEs as EQ-200s.

The thing to keep in mind is that in the MPE, the low and high cut filters are associated with the mic pre and on the stand alone EQ they are in line with the EQ and accessible with line level.

You can use the ones on the pres with the EQ but it requires hitting the preamps with line level, which they can handle in most cases.

Erik Papp
Old 5th April 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Papp View Post
The thing to keep in mind is that in the MPE, the low and high cut filters are associated with the mic pre and on the stand alone EQ they are in line with the EQ and accessible with line level.

You can use the ones on the pres with the EQ but it requires hitting the preamps with line level, which they can handle in most cases.
Thanks for joining in, Erik. You reminded me why I went with the EQ-200 over the MPE-200. IMHO, the beauty of the design is the EQ and I most definitely wanted the high/low pass filters in the EQ circuitry. Didn't realize they were made in relatively low numbers, though. Makes me feel even more fortunate to own one!
📝 Reply