The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
When a mastering engineer says they will look for noise and clicks
Old 27th December 2008
Here for the gear

When a mastering engineer says they will look for noise and clicks

When a mastering engineer says they will look noise and clicks, does that mean like background noise if lets say you were recording in an environment with like for instance a fan was on. And the fan noise was picked up.

Also how can I get rid of noise and clicks?

I have Wavelab 6.0 can someone teach me how I would get rid of noise and clicks. I have a plug-in that says "x-noise" and I applied it on the Bus, but how can I use it properly to get rid of noise?

Thanks.
Old 27th December 2008
Lives for gear

Verified Member
All this stuff is in the manuals for your software...

Otherwise, we listen for whatever noises, clicks, snap, crackles, pops, hiss, (etc., etc., etc.) that might distract from the listening experience. If there are any, we do what we can to get rid of them - If it's possible (sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's impossible).
Old 27th December 2008
Here for the gear

If you don't know what noise is massive stop posting on the forums. You aren't helping us at all.
Old 27th December 2008
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Dude - What's your problem? What part didn't you understand? If there's noise, we try to get rid of it. Other than that, we're not here to spoon-feed you on how to use your software. That's what manuals are for.
Old 27th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdookieatmaster View Post
If you don't know what noise is massive stop posting on the forums. You aren't helping us at all.
I'm sure he's dealt (is dealing ) with his fair share of noise!!
Old 27th December 2008
Lives for gear

Verified Member
There seems to be quite a bit right here in this thread!
Old 27th December 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
John has answered you everytime. The fact you can't understand what he is saying does not mean he is not helping like you state in the quote above.

In fact, john contributes to this forum a lot, and instead of givin you quick fixes he actually posted answers that will make you think and understand the process and concept of what you are dealing with.

This is not about john particularly, but i've seen your other threads and your attitude is the same with other users that have tried to help you.

You are just looking for the answers you want, and get pissed when people give you the real answers that you dont understand.

Sometimes in audio things dont have a simple explanation and you may have to know a vast amount of concepts to understand the explanation of a new one.

The questions you post have all been answered before and are basic. Just use the search engine.

It amazing that some serious people are takin time to answer, and still you complain.

Please, try to listen what people are saying here and do some research before posting. You are poluting the main page with a flood of crazy threads and it makes it hard to focus on whats actually going on.

This forum works beacause people here are polite and educated. I kindly suggest you do the same. For example, im not sure john is gonna keep helping you anymore... if you keep up like that, soon nobody will.

This may sound like bable to you now, but when you look back in the future when you get more experience you will see its actually the best advice one can give...

other users have already gave you the same kind of advice and some have provided even better, such as getting an intership...

also, if you cant deal with people, if you cant handle yourself socially and if you are not friendly, the audio world is not the best place for you.
Sure you can suceed, but maybe its better to start working on that too.

Anyway, if you are going to be here, i hope you understand and can make good use of this forum in an educated way.

Old 27th December 2008
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torg View Post
John has answered you everytime. The fact you can't understand what he is saying does not mean he is not helping like you state in the quote above.

In fact, john contributes to this forum a lot, and instead of givin you quick fixes he actually posted answers that will make you think and understand the process and concept of what you are dealing with.

This is not about john particularly, but i've seen your other threads and your attitude is the same with other users that have tried to help you.

You are just looking for the answers you want, and get pissed when people give you the real answers that you dont understand.

Sometimes in audio things dont have a simple explanation and you may have to know a vast amount of concepts to understand the explanation of a new one.

The questions you post have all been answered before and are basic. Just use the search engine.

It amazing that some serious people are takin time to answer, and still you complain.

Please, try to listen what people are saying here and do some research before posting. You are poluting the main page with a flood of crazy threads and it makes it hard to focus on whats actually going on.

This forum works beacause people here are polite and educated. I kindly suggest you do the same. For example, im not sure john is gonna keep helping you anymore... if you keep up like that, soon nobody will.

This may sound like bable to you now, but when you look back in the future when you get more experience you will see its actually the best advice one can give...

other users have already gave you the same kind of advice and some have provided even better, such as getting an intership...

also, if you cant deal with people, if you cant handle yourself socially and if you are not friendly, the audio world is not the best place for you.
Sure you can suceed, but maybe its better to start working on that too.

Anyway, if you are going to be here, i hope you understand and can make good use of this forum in an educated way.

Torg summs it all up very clearly.
Quick mod note:
We have been closely monitoring this behaviour. This is the reason why the first original post was deleted. If this attitude persists we'll have to clean the threads up and issue infractions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search