The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I Need a Transparant Multi Plugin Comp for PC
Old 21st March 2008
Gear Addict

I Need a Transparant Multi Plugin Comp for PC

I think I really need a very good transparent multi band compressor. Sometimes I need to control just certain frequencies, while maintaining musicality.

I record and Mix @88.2k 24bit. Currently I have the plugins that come with Nuendo 4 and wavelab 6, plus the UAD-1 multi, Waves LMB.....But for progressive rock which can be very dynamic too, these plug-ins don't seem to sound that good to me.

What are your recommendations on a great transparent multi plug-in?
Old 21st March 2008
Lives for gear
Some people like it and some people don't, but check out WaveArts multiband comp. Good GUI, good sound, good price.
Old 22nd March 2008
Gear Addict

TC electronics MD3 is a very transparent MultiBand, accurate and very effective to keep dynamic aspect.... but you'll need the Powercore...
Old 23rd March 2008
Gear Addict

I got the Wave Arts demo last night and played with it....It is pretty darn good. I got the Track 5 and multi 5....or what ever they're called, but they do sound pretty smooth too.

thanks
Old 24th March 2008

Transparent + multiband = impossible
Old 24th March 2008
Gear Maniac

I find the L316 far better than the L3 and quite transparent to my ears when not pushed too much (5 db reduction)
Old 24th March 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
TC electronics MD3 is a very transparent MultiBand, accurate and very effective to keep dynamic aspect.... but you'll need the Powercore...
agreed - as far as it goes. The best (apart from MD4 for tc6000) digital multiband. Without a shadow of a doubt. Of course, given a choice i'd get the Drawmer S3!
Old 26th March 2008
Gear Addict

Man you can say that again. I downloaded 8 different demo mastering comps and they all suck dinki! Sorry guys but it's true, They either take off too much or not enough. It really reminds me of me early days trying to get a subtle distortion out of a transistor amp back in the early 80s and scratching my head going 'how come it don't sound nothing like the record, cleatus"?

The only ones that came close are the UAD-1 mutli and that Wave Arts thingy, that was pretty darn good too but still not what I'm looking for.

Well guess I'll have to fork over the $$ to go the a good mastering house. Dod Gamit, and I was so looking forward to trying to master this myself. But Hey I'm no fool, I'll not let my ego mess up all the great work I did mixing. But still though you know, the mixes are so dam close they just need a tweak here and there.

regards

thanks for the help boys

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search