The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SpectraFoo Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

SpectraFoo

Want to buy some analyzers (frequency/jittering/bitscope etc..) is SpectraFoo the cheapest solution ? And then I need the complete bundle ?
Old 11th September 2007
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinsJan View Post
Want to buy some analyzers (frequency/jittering/bitscope etc..) is SpectraFoo the cheapest solution ? And then I need the complete bundle ?
Depends on what you are looking for. Download a demo and use it for a couple of weeks ...see if it you like it.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
SpectraFoo is excellent but the annoying thing about the 2 levels is that the only thing I needed from the full package was the bit scope so essentially $500. for a bitscope.

Of course there are now cheaper solutions than Spectrafoo and I'm sure someone will point out what they are.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Guru

I love 'foo Complete. I've had it for many years. I don't know any alternatives though.
Old 12th September 2007
Mastering

Quote:
The newest alternative to Foo on the Mac is from the same company that makes Sample Manager, I forget their name. You can download the demo and decide. It appears to be a very earnest company, they do know what they are doing.

BK
Old 12th September 2007
I've been very pleased with Inspector XL's suite of meters.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob katz View Post
The newest alternative to Foo on the Mac is from the same company that makes Sample Manager, I forget their name. You can download the demo and decide. It appears to be a very earnest company, they do know what they are doing.

BK
Audiofile Engineering

I don't think that they have a dedicated bitscope like 'foo though.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanx to you all !
Old 31st May 2009
Here for the gear

Hi to all!
I have a big problem with my spectrafoo.

I need to import my audio files...so reading manual i know that i can just with .aif audio files.
But the problems is that i can't select my files...so i can't open.
Just i can import my audio files saved with spectrafoo through capture mode in input mode.
But now i need to analize external sources and samples.
Any suggestion??
Please help me!!
Old 6th September 2009
Gear Maniac

Spectrafoo

know this is late to the game, but have you guys tried this?

ProPhase for Mac OS X - real time audio phase analyzer
Old 6th September 2009
I'm using spectrafoo and it work good for me, to see the different rec inputs, curve with the L2, pre & post A/D and AES/EBU sound cards and check the room Eq each month.
I got one set of Dorrough at the avocet and a set of Vu before the A/D, That's ok? at the last comp?
Old 6th September 2009
Mastering

Quote:
Originally Posted by fustav View Post
Hi to all!

I need to import my audio files...so reading manual i know that i can just with .aif audio files.
Just i can import my audio files saved with spectrafoo through capture mode in input mode.
Any suggestion??
Please help me!!
Convert the files in question to AIF and use the "Load Capture" menu of Foo and then play the captures and analyze them. If the material contains a sweep that can be converted to an impulse then Foo can give you an FFT.
Old 6th September 2009
M2E
Lives for gear

Hey Bob or anybody else who bought into the Audiofile Analyzers. Does anyone know when their coming out with the RTAS version of that plugin. Been 2 years now. Guess they gave up. I was really looking forward to that. They have the most indepth analyzers and look the best as well.

Thanx
Old 6th September 2009
Here for the gear

I love spectrafoo, and haven't ever come across anything that is an improvement upon it.
Old 9th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fustav View Post
Hi to all!

Any suggestion??
Please help me!!
SpectraFoo can read split-stereo SDII and AIFF files if they conform to a specific format. If the files meet the expected format, they will automati- cally be assembled into a stereo capture.
Format:
1. Both files or the pair must be of the same type.
2. Both files must be mono sound files.
3. Both files must be in the same folder.
4. Both files must have the same name with the exception that one filename ends in L and the other in R.
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Head

Very happy with Spectre by Audiofile Engineering here.

No bitscope, though.

bob weston
chicago mastering
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Waves PAZ and Digidesign Phase Scope are more than enough in my tasks.

What else would we critically need to know about Wave content when mastering a reasonable mix?
Old 10th May 2010
pmx
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
What else would we critically need to know about Wave content when mastering a reasonable mix?

i never use a fft or rta. but i DO use the spectragraph once in a while. very useful, sometimes. the phasetorch is cool, but i prefer my gonio. bitscope comes in handy once in a blue moon.

spectrafoo ==

Quote:
Does anyone know when their coming out with the RTAS version of that plugin.
there seems to be no development at all. but, as with 'mayor' audio software companies, a new version might just appear out of the blue. a workaround: run the foo standalone, 'listening' to the audio in of your mac and have PT send a aux send out of your interface. put a stereo jack > mini-jack cable in between and you're in business (disclaimer: for some tools that is)
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alécio Costa View Post
Waves PAZ and Digidesign Phase Scope are more than enough in my tasks.

What can the human ear and a mono switch do for mastering any mix?

DC
Old 11th May 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
LOL

DC pops up as fast as the speed of light.
Old 11th May 2010
pmx
Gear Addict

Verified Member
DC, the Terry Pratchet Of Mastering.

a strange world we live in
Old 11th May 2010
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmx View Post
DC, the Terry Pratchet Of Mastering.

a strange world we live in
I'd rather be the Terry Gilliam.

DC
Old 11th May 2010
Here for the gear

Spectrafoo!!

I bought the spectrafoo complete bundle and absolutely love it. Can't recommend it enough. the basic version will cover the basic user, but the serious user that will benefit from the bit scope and Signal Generator, etc and will be glad they spent the extra money.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search