The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SPL Analogue Mastering EQ - Software Equivalent? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 11th September 2007
SPL Analogue Mastering EQ - Software Equivalent?

I have a project that was mastered using 2 SPL Analogue EQ units, one L/R, One Ls/Rs.
I would like to be able to reproduce the same sound in software - and was wondering if it is an option in anything that anyone might know of.
LiquidMix has nothing like this in it, and I have no idea what the URS Pro Strip may call it.
Old 11th September 2007
Mastering

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilwilkes View Post
I have a project that was mastered using 2 SPL Analogue EQ units, one L/R, One Ls/Rs.
I would like to be able to reproduce the same sound in software - and was wondering if it is an option in anything that anyone might know of.
LiquidMix has nothing like this in it, and I have no idea what the URS Pro Strip may call it.
If there was a working digital equivalent of the SPL that really sounds just like it, then every mastering engineer would buy the Liquid Mix, wouldn't they? So how come there isn't a stampede of mastering engineers out to buy the Liquid Mix? (Rhetorical question)
Old 11th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob katz View Post
If there was a working digital equivalent of the SPL that really sounds just like it, then every mastering engineer would buy the Liquid Mix, wouldn't they? So how come there isn't a stampede of mastering engineers out to buy the Liquid Mix? (Rhetorical question)
I know it is not in the LM box - this is not the question.
I just wondered if there was a digital equivalent anywhere is all.........
Old 11th September 2007
If you're talking about the SPL PQ, I haven't heard anything close. If there had been, I could have saved myself a lot of money last year. Those 120v rails are pretty unique.
Old 12th September 2007
So "no" it is then.
Fair enough.
(sob)
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilwilkes View Post
I would like to be able to reproduce the same sound in software -
As a pretty hard a fast rule there is no software for nearly all of the best quality mastering hardware. If it was the same everyone would use it.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hiya

I really like the LM in mixing, so I have have 2, one in the mastering room
when I do mixing and one in the recording-mixing room. Both the comps
& eq's are good enough for individual instrument.

I think the comps can sound a little like FMR RNC but with more attitude.

But I seldom use it on groups and never on whole mixes (mastering). Just my 2 öre.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search