The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonic Studio problem
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Sonic Studio problem

Just opened sonic studio for the first time (haven´t read the manual un full yet)..... why won´t the bastard recognize any audio files when I try to open(import) from another file? Sitting down with the manual now, but I would like to import a entire unmastered disc to start my week of "training". Thanks
Old 5th September 2007
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Just opened sonic studio for the first time (haven´t read the manual un full yet)..... why won´t the bastard recognize any audio files when I try to open(import) from another file? Sitting down with the manual now, but I would like to import a entire unmastered disc to start my week of "training". Thanks
Which product?
PMCD? SoundBlade?
Old 5th September 2007
I think you mean Sonic HD don't you?

I skipped that one and went from Classic to SounBlade. But can't you find the import function or what does it do?
Maybe import works fine but all you have to do is calculate/render waveforms after import. This takes quite some time.

Peter.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

I go to audio open audio file and simply doesn't see any type of audio file.
It sonic HD
Old 5th September 2007

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
I go to audio open audio file and simply doesn't see any type of audio file.
It sonic HD
HD didn't have the flexibility in file formats that soundBlade does, but you can still drag a wav or aif from the desktop directly to a panel and it will play. To get a waveform for it in HD, you have to select it in the edl and then go to the... I think file menu to choose build waveform. You may even be able to use cmd-B or something like that. Without doing that, it just looks like a block, but still plays, and even generates a waveform in realtime if you are zoomed in close enough.

The files still should to be on a Sonic SCSI volume or you may experience unpredictable behavior. Firewire is mostly unuseable with HD, though internal IDE drives actually can work (though still not recommended for critical work) depending on your system and configuration. Without Sonic native files, I don't think you can perform background operations, and may have trouble with NoNoise, but edit and delivery should still work. You can make Sonic native files either by recording them into HD in realtime, or using barbabatch to convert existing files.
Old 5th September 2007

Verified Member
Duffster,
If you're not already aware of it, there is a Sonic users Email group that is very helpful with the older Sonic programs.

[email protected]
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Problem solved... now on to the other problems... thanks for the help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search