The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CD Manufacturing Plants Studio Headphones
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Head

CD Manufacturing Plants

I'm looking to use a different European CD replication plant (preferably UK based) as the one I currently use are less than ideal following any of my instructions or requests & are useless at cross-correspondence with me.

Their product is very good but I've lost confidence in them so time for a change.

If their is already a thread somewhere on this forum that I've missed then I apologise for the post.

Please PM me with any info.

Also, are there any plants to steer well clear of?

Thanks for any & all info.

Bob
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

WOW! Are there really NO European members here using any European replication plants!?

Any suggestions at all?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Most of my stuff goes through brokers so I've little direct experience. On the other hand, most of the horror stories that I hear are down to problems with the brokers rather than the plants themselves.

Cheers

James.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

whats a broker ?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Hi Bob,

Please give me a call (number's on the website) and I'll tell you what I know.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofi View Post
whats a broker ?
Most of the companies that advertise CD replication in the back pages of gear mags don't make the CD's themselves. Big pressing plants don't really want to work with thousands of customers who only want a thousand or so copies at a time so smaller customers are encouraged to go through these brokers who will collate together the masters and artwork, sometimes checking that they meet the correct technical requirements, and then pass them on to the CD plant. It works out cheaper for the CD plants because they can concentrate on selling to, and working with, a few large customers rather than everyone who thinks they might like to have a CD pressed.

Some mastering studios will act as brokers and pass work directly to a CD manufacturer although I don't do this as most of my customers already have the manufacturing sorted out.

Cheers

James.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

Thanks guys for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowland View Post
Hi Bob,

Please give me a call (number's on the website) and I'll tell you what I know.
Hi Nigel, thanks very much for the offer. I'll take you up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
Some mastering studios will act as brokers and pass work directly to a CD manufacturer although I don't do this as most of my customers already have the manufacturing sorted out.
Hi James, this is exactly what I'm doing. I've made some good contacts over the years at various plants & now I get some very good prices which I pass on to my clients.

Unfortunately a few of the larger UK based companies have either gone bust, moved their operations to mainland Europe or just don't really want to deal with small orders anymore.

This is why I asked for opinions as to the reliability/prices etc from all your personal experiences rather than just Google a load of 'faceless' companies.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

Thanks for all the info Nigel. Was good to chat. If you need any info from me feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 4th September 2007
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Hi Bob, there are few brokers in the U.K. , one in Wales if I remember correctly that use the two Sony plants in central Europe....

Sony DADC – CD-Audio Replication

Hope this helps.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
No problem Bob!

Could you please drop me an email at some point with your phone number?

Thanks.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowland View Post
No problem Bob!

Could you please drop me an email at some point with your phone number?

Thanks.

PM sent.

Bob
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

thanx James.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search