The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best surgical RTAS compatible EQ... DJ Controllers
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Best surgical RTAS compatible EQ...

I was all intent on going for the Algorithmix Red until I discovered that it wont work under RTAS.

Any alternative suggestions for a mastering quality EQ? I would prefer less colour and more precision / transparency.

Cheers guys,
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

For cutting?
Probably going to be the Sonnox (ex Sony) Oxford eq.

I prefer to use the Massenburg EQ but it is TDM only.
MsDSP Filterbank is nice as well- I use that on every mix project- it is a clean sound.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Sonox EQ thumbsup

Regards,
Bruce
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the suggestion.

Is the PSP Neon comparable to the Sonnox? (just discovered that it's RTAS capable).

Just to let you know where I am at: I have been using the Waves stuff for a year or so. I find the Ren EQ suitable sometimes. I much prefer it to the Linn EQ. I realise that the REN is a sweetener (and, as such, not always appropriate) but the Linn just doesn't seem to do anything for me. It doesn't seem to be surgical enough as a transparent EQ and neither does it colour.
Old 30th August 2007
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrite View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.

Is the PSP Neon comparable to the Sonnox? (just discovered that it's RTAS capable).

Just to let you know where I am at: I have been using the Waves stuff for a year or so. I find the Ren EQ suitable sometimes. I much prefer it to the Linn EQ. I realise that the REN is a sweetener (and, as such, not always appropriate) but the Linn just doesn't seem to do anything for me. It doesn't seem to be surgical enough as a transparent EQ and neither does it colour.
Neon is awesome - really awesome - but I find that it does impart a slight colour to the sound. It's a colour that I like - it might work for you as it sounds like you're sort of looking for that. Give it a demo!
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Does the Sonnox have a narrow 'Q'?
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

It has an adjustable Q from broad to narrow.
Old 3rd September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrite View Post
Does the Sonnox have a narrow 'Q'?
Went to 15 in the Sony days.
Suitable most of the times but not as sharp as a notch which you might want ocasionally.

Peter
Old 3rd September 2007
GS Community Manager

the Roger Nichols Uniqu-elizer (formerly Elemental Audio Eqium, I think) - it has a pretty narrow Q if you need it.

Available in an LE version for only $69 if you don't need unlimited bands. (7 max in LE)

It's nicely transparent, IMHO.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search