The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wavelab questions Modular Synthesizers
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Wavelab questions

1. How do you quickly a/b between what you're mastering and an unprocessed reference track?

2. is anyone using Wavelab successfully on an intelMac under Bootcamp?
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
In my configuration I use WL6 to feed an external chain and record back into WL6. Using an external digital router I can audition either the feed out to the external chain or the return from the ADC. This provides a quick A/B if you are only processing in the external chain.

There's a bypass function in WL6 but it doesn't bypass clip effects so it's fairly useless, IMO.

Greg Reierson
Rare Form Mastering
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by subatomicpieces View Post
1. How do you quickly a/b between what you're mastering and an unprocessed reference track?

2. is anyone using Wavelab successfully on an intelMac under Bootcamp?
Accorting to some users at Cubase.net ::: View Forum - WaveLab they have used it sucessfully with bootcamp. A search should bring up what you need to know.
Old 29th August 2007
Splitt from digital routing, A to D/A in the analog chain going back to D/A into wavelab to first input D/A in the Avocet, B straight from the playback into the digital routing ending at 2nd D/A input on the Avocet.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:

There's an arrow (Two at that) so you can A/B instantly in realtime.

The arrows resemble <- & ->
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

if you do all the processing itb, in wavelab just bress the bypass button!

I use wavelab in boot camp, no problems at all.

|-<>-|
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm talking specifically about comparing what I'm working on with reference tracks from other mastered cds, through the same converter.

In Cubase, I do this by creating 2 stereo tracks, placing the file I'm working on on one of them and a reference track on the other. I route them both to the stereo out. Then I mute the reference track. To compare the two, all I have to do is solo and unsolo the muted reference track.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
I'm talking specifically about comparing what I'm working on with reference tracks from other mastered cds, through the same converter.

In Cubase, I do this by creating 2 stereo tracks, placing the file I'm working on on one of them and a reference track on the other. I route them both to the stereo out. Then I mute the reference track. To compare the two, all I have to do is solo and unsolo the muted reference track.
With WL you use the montage and you can mute and unmute tracks very easily.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:

Get RACK FFX4.

Plug-ins / Users' Opinion / VB FFX4 - Espace Cubase

It will allow you to use all of your master buss plugs on the individual track or clip. Then you can do all of your usual master section processing in the montage track and solo between the two tracks for instant comparison.

Greg Reierson
Rare Form Mastering
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reierson View Post
Get RACK FFX4.

Plug-ins / Users' Opinion / VB FFX4 - Espace Cubase

It will allow you to use all of your master buss plugs on the individual track or clip. Then you can do all of your usual master section processing in the montage track and solo between the two tracks for instant comparison.

Greg Reierson
Rare Form Mastering
Nice! That's exactly what I was looking for!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search