The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help: Plextor+CDA+hidden track error
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Help: Plextor+CDA+hidden track error

Hi,

With the help of CD Architect (5.0) and a Plextor PX716A I was hoping to burn a CD with a hidden track before the first track. But unfortunatly I get this error:

-'PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.10'-(0)
This drive requires the start time for track 1 to be exactly 2 seconds.

Any of you guys have more luck with your burner, if so which brand/type are you using?

Kind regards,
Maarte
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Bump.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I have the PX-712A DVD drive and CDA 5.0 too and have the same issue. I do admit that I haven't really dove into figuring out a workaround though. I just tried it once and wasn't successful. Sorry for the non-help.

Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubefreak View Post
Hi,

With the help of CD Architect (5.0) and a Plextor PX716A I was hoping to burn a CD with a hidden track before the first track. But unfortunatly I get this error:

-'PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.10'-(0)
This drive requires the start time for track 1 to be exactly 2 seconds.

Any of you guys have more luck with your burner, if so which brand/type are you using?

Kind regards,
Maarte
Hi Maarten,
I have three burners that work for this function.
Plextor premium & px 504a ( i think both discontinued)
& pioneer dvr-111d.

of course most players wont regognize the prehidden track...but my car stereo does!
Best of luck
Ed
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

And I've found a solution!

If I open a wav in CueListTool.exe I can save a .cue file. In Notepad I can open it and add index00 to track01 and make index01 on track01 the starting point of the CD. Everything before that is the hidden audio.

Then I open the .cue file in Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and open the function WRITE CD. Load the Cue and burn...... and it works!

With Sony CD Architect this gives an error, but EAC can do it. And it works! Thanx a lot for your support!!!

Kind regards,
Maarten
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:

I tried something similar with Plextools last night (before reading your message to say you had solved the problem) and it seemed to work fine on my 716.

Cheers

James.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Hi James,

What and how did you try it with Plextools? If plextools is able to do it with a 716, then that would be great!

Thanx
Maarten
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Hi James,

What and how did you try it with Plextools? If plextools is able to do it with a 716, then that would be great!
Plextools XL understands cue files so I simply created a cue file with index 0 of the first track at 00:00:00 and index 1 at 03:00:00. The first three minutes of the first track were hidden.

In theory Plextools XL supports embedded cues in .wav files too but I'm not sure how thoroughly this was ever debugged as it sometimes chokes on files with embedded cues.

I can't work out any way to create a suitable disc layout within Plextools itself so I think you will need XL rather than one of the free versions.

Cheers

James.
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Head

Quote:

If I open a wav in CueListTool.exe I can save a .cue file. In Notepad I can open it and add index00 to track01 and make index01 on track01 the starting point of the CD. Everything before that is the hidden audio.

Then I open the .cue file in Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and open the function WRITE CD. Load the Cue and burn...... and it works!

With Sony CD Architect this gives an error, but EAC can do it. And it works! Thanx a lot for your support!!!

Kind regards,
Maarten

Exactly as Maarten says & it works a treat (not that I've ever had anyone ask for it).

You can compile your playlist (in my case) in CD Architect, save as a .wav file, import the wav into EAC, create & edit the cue list straight from there.
Check it against the original cue list to make sure all is ok.

Bob

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search