The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve Masterpiece Image Section/ Other Devices? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault View Post
I've been very interested lately on adjusting the image of the soundstage in relation to it's phase/frequency relationships. That's one thing I like about the Masterpiece. It looks like the Portico unit is similar in functionality, and I really like the inserts.
I don't know if the Portico has the same settings, but when I tried out the Masterpiece even the lowest settings were very drastic. I found that it really ripped apart the cohesiveness of the stereo image.

... but then that may be exactly what your looking for!
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorneau View Post
I don't know if the Portico has the same settings, but when I tried out the Masterpiece even the lowest settings were very drastic. I found that it really ripped apart the cohesiveness of the stereo image.

I have only looked at the masterpiece's design, and haven't used it yet. I know it's very tricky when you start messing with a track's stereo image. Sometimes though... it can be amazing. I'm actually just as interested in implementing these types of tools on individual tracks and submixes.

-SD
Old 7th October 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorneau View Post
Iwhen I tried out the Masterpiece even the lowest settings were very drastic. I found that it really ripped apart the cohesiveness of the stereo image.

I haven't tried it yet, but the Masterpiece has some powerful features that could save a less than perfect mix. I rarely adjust the width, but occassionly some modern styles & mixes cry out for it.
Old 14th December 2009
Lives for gear

has anyone else used the Portico 5014?

likes?

dislikes?
Old 14th December 2009
pmx
Gear Addict

Verified Member
i've been amazed by the dd-2 (k-stereo). changing the m/s levels, and then turning on the process to correct it or vice versa works terrific.

the box is damn ugly but the workflow is great, worth it every penny

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search