The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Silver vs Copper Cables Modular Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSD_Mastering View Post
He was probably referring to my post where I use JPS Labs Aluminata cable. It is alumiloy with aluminum particle and kapton $hielding. It's certainly not Rat Shack!

I have no doubt that they will pass an electrical charge, but I don't think there is any relationship between a cables cost and its performance. Maybe an inverse one, come to think of it.

Alumiloy by JPS Labs

Typical Bravo Sierra, as we see so often in cableworld.

"Imagine a shield so thick that noise at any frequency or severity cannot possibly pass through it"

Should be a clue to the levels of engineering involved here...................

I mean why not use a fragile and poor conductor such as Aluminum? Makes perfect sense to me.

It's been pretty hot in LA recently but we didn't need Kapton insulation on my cables. With an 800F melting point........

$ >> sense.

DC
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaPointe View Post
If someone had started a thread comparing, say, the tone of the Manley Vari-mu with the Pendulum ES-8, as an ES-8 owner my first thought would be, "Cool, maybe they can post some clips." So similarly, as a copper cable user (I use AES cable for all my analog connections), I was genuinely interested in hearing how silver compared.
Far enough, and yet compressor "clips" are a sad excuse for using one yourself in your chain. There is something about the process of comparing things, to make our listening better, and it's always about a chain, not one item on it's own.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Lucey, by refusing to post clips in the face of so much interest I think an educational opportunity has been lost. Furthermore, the unintentional side effect is that you've undermined the validity of your initial assertion, making future discussion on the topic rather meaningless. Too bad.
That's absurdly overstated, and rather insulting. For one, I made no assertion. I spoke from experience, as did a few others who you'll note heard the same kinds of things in their listening. There are many people who you could call out on this, why me? Seem rather personal. Jim Williams has been using Kimber Silver for a long time. I don't even use silver anymore!

In principle, the onus to "post files" is something I refute. Posting files used to be a treat ... and now you demand it? How rude. I don't care what you hear or use, I only care how you use it. Materials don't make good music, people do. I'm not here to educate or argue 'cables pro or con'. My intent was to hear from other silver/copper users. The thread is what it is because there are many who have an anti-cable bias, and like to let loose any chance they get.

If we kept to the same rules as a compressor or pre amp or mic thread, and if a poster spoke from their experience and not from their theories everything would work fine. For some reason there is a double standard on cables threads, and anyone can post with seemingly equal validity. This is just screwy. If I have AB'd Acoustic Zen Silver and Copper and you haven't, then you have nothing to offer that discussion. If you have not heard an eq is your view of it worth anything? Imagine what a worthless forum it would be if most of the comments were mostly from conjecture and not from listening.

Quote:
On a positive note, I think you could still turn this thread around even now by posting some clips, but that's a decision you'll have to make.

Best,

- J.
Wow. Very manipulative. I am the one to make a thread positive that was trashed by others rude and off topic posts, projections, and doctored photos? That's rather backwards. Dude I will not post clips here now or ever and that fact has no bearing on the thread. That's a red herring.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
Far enough, and yet compressor "clips" are a sad excuse for using one yourself in your chain. There is something about the process of comparing things, to make our listening better, and it's always about a chain, not one item on it's own.

That's absurdly overstated, and rather insulting. For one, I made no assertion. I spoke from experience, as did a few others who you'll note heard the same kinds of things in their listening. There are many people who you could call out on this, why me? Seem rather personal. Jim Williams has been using Kimber Silver for a long time. I don't even use silver anymore!

In principle, the onus to "post files" is something I refute. Posting files used to be a treat ... and now you demand it? How rude. I don't care what you hear or use, I only care how you use it. Materials don't make good music, people do. I'm not here to educate or argue 'cables pro or con'. My intent was to hear from other silver/copper users. The thread is what it is because there are many who have an anti-cable bias, and like to let loose any chance they get.

If we kept to the same rules as a compressor or pre amp or mic thread, and if a poster spoke from their experience and not from their theories everything would work fine. For some reason there is a double standard on cables threads, and anyone can post with seemingly equal validity. This is just screwy. If I have AB'd Acoustic Zen Silver and Copper and you haven't, then you have nothing to offer that discussion. If you have not heard an eq is your view of it worth anything? Imagine what a worthless forum it would be if most of the comments were mostly from conjecture and not from listening.

Wow. Very manipulative. I am the one to make a thread positive that was trashed by others rude and off topic posts, projections, and doctored photos? That's rather backwards. Dude I will not post clips here now or ever and that fact has no bearing on the thread. That's a red herring.
Can I get an A/B test?

DC
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollins View Post
Can I get an A/B test?

DC
"No soup for you!"
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Another general cable thread that spins off topic with the "show me" posts, the "A/B/X is impossible" posts, and the jokes about this or that ... none if this is really productive or useful to anyone, is it? Have we not have enough of these?
No. Show me all the other "silver versus copper" cable A-B clips? I cannot find them.

Quote:
If we hear no difference, then say so. But leave it at that. The defensive posture of "since I hear nothing, and since you say you do, then YOU are an arrogant person" is 100% friggin backwards. No one who hears something consistently different in the materials has any interest in posturing, and yet everyone who does not, or who wants proof handed to them has a huge chip on their shoulder.

If you don't hear it, then that's all you can say that keeps this clean. And people who hear something can still have a discussion in peace.
Has it occurred to you that maybe your particular setup is put together so well that one can only hear a difference in samples recorded with *your* equipment?

I would love to hear what you are hearing. And so would numerous others who have posted in this thread asking for samples, not evidence, just some short innocent clips of what you are hearing. Perhaps others simply cannot just buy a pair of copper and a pair of silver cables to hear the difference. Perhaps the difference is so apparent to you because your setup illuminates those subtle differences.

As many times as you have replied in this one thread, you could have recorded a couple short 24 bit samples and let us hear what you are hearing. But I guess you're too busy for that....

You know Lucey, your defensiveness is reminiscent of that guy who saw Bigfoot dog-gone-it and he doesn't care to discuss Bigfoot with anyone else except those who saw him too dag-nab-it.. Oh you've got the video of Bigfoot, but dog-gone-it, you ain't gonna show anyone, you just wanna "discuss" it with the likeminded.

Lucey, you are no fool, you knew *exactly* what would happen when you started a topic like this... That's why people keep egging you about posting clips... They know too.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Two things are becoming very apparent.

Lucey is not going to post any clips - the why he won't I leave up to you.

The debate over cables is never going to end but maybe this topic should.

Mr. Moderator?
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Two things are becoming very apparent.

Lucey is not going to post any clips - the why he won't I leave up to you.

The debate over cables is never going to end but maybe this topic should.

The "why he wont" has been clearly and repeatedly posted. How insulting of you to imply otherwise. Is it any wonder that I'm not going to waste time on anyone making posts like this? I already know how these cables sound, and as I've said, it's a very subtle thing that matters not ... unless it does... and then you do some listening for yourself.

The debate here was not (intended to be) over "cables" in the widest sense of the word. The fact that you and others can't keep it limited and speak from experience is the issue with these threads. The demands for "proof" are your ABX bias, and your imposition. If we want to talk about "bias" let's start with that.

A discussion would be nice, and one from experience would be even nicer. I didn't intend a bully pulpit for personal bias but that what you've made it, especially with snide commentary like "why he wont is up to you." Wow.

Listen, and post ... is that so hard to do?
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
I am but the simple student I don't have 6,722 posts to my credit like you do. So I am trying to learn but I am confused. You say you hear the difference but when asked to supply a sample to enlighten the rest of us you will not and will not say why you will not. If their is such an audible difference that you posted the topic in the first place why is it that you will not post a sample of the difference? From one who only has 186 posts or 187 after this one.

Not trying to flame anyone but if you hear such a difference why is it so hard to take a couple of minutes to do the samples and post them? You obviously have enough time to post to this web board. Don't get your blood pressure up this is only a discussion about cables not a discussion about the end of the world or the Iraq war or something meaningful in the bigger scheme of things.

Thanks for your time and attention in this matter.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Tom I'm on a break, have not worked in 5 days. Clients backed up. Have a head cold. On the sofa mostly. Cranky and short tempered too.

I'm here to chat with users, not post files or prove to abusers. Clear?
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
The "why he wont" has been clearly and repeatedly posted. How insulting of you to imply otherwise. Is it any wonder that I'm not going to waste time on anyone making posts like this?
Forgive me all, but I just thought the above recent quote from Lucey was somewhat humorous in light of the following replies made by Lucey in this thread.... And all this time, he's too busy to post a few clips....

Quote:
Once again, I'm asking for those with experience to post, on the differences, if any. No theories or debates.

Ring a silver bell. Ring a copper bell. And what do you hear? Plug in a silver cable, and then a copper cable ... and what do you hear? To me, it's not so different with cables than with bells.
Quote:
Like I've said twice very politely, this is not the place for debate about copper vs silver.

Quote:
If you want to stop by with say $1000 in cash ... you can swap out the copper and silver that I use yourself, and we can debate it all you like after I take your money. Seriously, take it elsewhere. Start your own thread perhaps?
John I dont make cables, so I don't need a theory. And I don't need to prove what I hear to you to discuss that same hearing with others who have heard it too. I'd suggest you call an engineer ... Robert Lee at AZ for example, who has a lot of EE background and credentials as both a musician and a career audio engineer. Paul Wolff has posted here, PM him and debate it.

This thread was intended for users. That's what I meant to say. I can't control the result, but I'm asking for users.
Quote:
Seriously .. are you not reading me here? I agreed with your view, thanked you for a good topical post ... and you insult me why? Because you misread one of my posts as insulting you when I was asking OTHERS who are simply down on cable to post elsewhere.

WTF?
Quote:
Why is it negative to want to avoid a negative turn in a difficult topic? I disagree with you there, as it's certainly possible to have a discussion on a limited scope. Maybe not on the Internet! And I accept that if we're unable. It may be too late for this thread already, as the passions from the supposedly objective are already posting, and lurking, and dare I say salivating.
Quote:
I don't want to fight, or do your listening work for you ... I want to discuss with users. Why is that so hard to accept?
Quote:
I know how these threads go. I was hoping to avoid that ... Too late!

I have to work ... feel free to debate cable tone ... again!

Posted September 2nd:
Quote:
I'm out of this thread ... it was a mistake. All I wanted to do was chat with people who had done the A/B of numerous silver and copper cables. It's obviously impossible to have that discussion as almost everyone is offended and posturing ensues.

Do your own tests folks, and use whatever works, it's only cable - the last thing to worry about.

Is it clear that all Lucey wants to do is just "chat with people" or is something else at work? Let's read on...

Posted September 2nd, 3 hours later:
Quote:
And thus I say Jerry, "It was a mistake" to post this thread.

The bottom line is that in my listening tests, and in the tests of many people, silver and copper (Kimber silver, Acoustic Zen silver ... not Zaolla) are very different from their copper counterparts. The reviews all tell you the same thing, from different people. Silver is flatter overall with more harmonics, and that may not be a good thing. Copper has more of a curve with less harmonics. And YET, it is ALSO true, that silver or copper, or cable tone in general (audible in a system or not) is the last thing anyone should ever worry about. Both ideas can exist at the same time Pinwale.

Is it a "huge" difference? It is when it matters to your chain. Is it a "small" matter that is not worth bothering with if your needs do not take you there? Absolutely small and not worth any attention. Both at the same time Pinwale.

I have no idea how a microwave oven works, but it heats water and thus food. I do know how an electric stove works. And for my cooking, neither microwave or electric grill works as well as a gas stove. That's something you disagree with? Fine. But chill with the attitude (this means you Pinwale) if my cooking prefers a gas stove. Your cooking may well be terrific, and I'm not trying to prove my cooking is better than yours, nor am I going to serve an arrogant person my food.

At no time did I assert that silver was better then copper, and at no time did I put down anyone's cable. At no time did I attempt to "control" this thread Thomas. I was simply looking for people with a similar experience in their tests, on a public forum, and I found them. I also stirred up the hornets ... so that's why I'm done talking about cables.

At this point I'm responding to the character attacks ... for NOT talking about cables! Jesus ... never again on cables.

Quote:
Another general cable thread that spins off topic with the "show me" posts, the "A/B/X is impossible" posts, and the jokes about this or that ... none if this is really productive or useful to anyone, is it? Have we not have enough of these? I've been here 6 or 7 years and I'm just sick of this ****. New people now, same reactions and defensive/accusing posts. I was looking for peers not jeers, and found both as goes the internet. Done deal.

Quote:
Wow.

You can be defensive, insulting, and condescending and then accuse others of being the problem with a straight face?

You surely can't hope to have an "interesting discussion" with posts like this.
Quote:
Wow, again.

Ironic posting all around. For one, "superlatives" are your strong suit. Unprovoked "abrasive" posting is for the insecure. "Doing your own listening" is the name of this game, that's a fact. And this thread is unlike most I participate in (search my posts if you'd like) ... it's only a "scrum" because you made it personal and I don't take well to that kind of thing. "Look in the mirror" for the problem here, good advice indeed.

Cable threads do tend to go this way, but only because people with your venom and/or lack of actual effort see them as a bully pulpit and take off on tirades like you've done here. I had hoped this one would avoid that, with a more limited discussion by those with experience, but I admittedly put to little effort in the initial posts and people like you have no self-discipline, so you just have to **** on it.

In short, you Jack are a clueless hack, who spends more time with self-important posting than actual listening tests. IF you had done the tests, and IF you heard something unique, then you would be justified to say anything you like. As it is, you're a poorly informed tosser with the vocabulary of a terrorist in a bow tie at tea time.

Masturbatory insulting is like its counterpart ... only good for you.

Here we have Lucey caught on tape committing the crime of name-calling, in violation of GSRC 2389.19A(1)a.

Quote:
I mean can you contribute something for once? 'Village Idiot'

And now his defense. Let's see if Lucey is clever enough to redirect the issue before the court...
Quote:
I didn't call you anything, you are simply the "Village Idiot" so says Jules.

Once again, you are unable to do anything but make a personal attacks and use this topic as a platform for your jealousy and hate.

Have fun with that...
Hmm... We the jury find the defendant, Guilty of name-calling. Sentence, 30 lashings with a silver tinned cable. Or copper...

Quote:
Pinwale and Labs ... why dont you start a "I hate Lucey" thread and take all the personal **** over there?

To assert that you came here with something to add is a lie. People with something too add re: the tone of the two materials in their tests have posted, and been quoted. You're not anywhere NEAR there in these posts.
Quote:
There is not "either point of view" Tom .... there is no polarity of opinion except by those who want to derail the thread. You and others are attempting to frame the discussion along your own cynical bias ... and asking others, who already hear something fairly consistent, to prove what they hear to you? And then you're defining that as the "high road"? That's twisting it around to suit your bias.
Quote:
There is no debate. The thread assumes a difference in materials, so I will post no files for those who have derailed the discussion that is possible, but seemingly unlikely.
Quote:

Now I ask, who's egging who? At this point does anyone really care whether silver sounds different from copper? I think it's time this thread is closed. Jules?
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Tom I'm on a break, have not worked in 5 days. Clients backed up. Have a head cold. On the sofa mostly. Cranky and short tempered too.

I'm here to chat with users, not post files or prove to abusers. Clear?
Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get some rest and get back in the game. I know when I get a cold I get very "Cranky and short tempered" especially if it has been going on for some time.

Peace and get some sleep
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Nut

Unfortunately for Mr. Lucey, nobody will ever buy his excuses and avoidances.

Brian, I have drafted the following letter for you in hopes it can bring peace. All you need do is soak-in the truth and "sign" it.

Hello all. My name is Brian Lucey. I'm a mastering engineer, and I posted a thread here on Gearslutz that has really painted me into a corner. I'd like to come clean about it and move on with no further damage to my reputation and to the opinions you all hold of me.

When it all started, I was discussing my new silver cables. I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey
Wow. If you ever had a doubt that line level cabling could make an easily audible difference, compare silver to copper. It's a huge difference. Silver has extended subs and top, is flatter, and presents more harmonic content. It's also more tiring, with all of those harmonics.
So now I'll admit what I have come to understand after long, deep reflection: In that post, I was exaggerating. Boasting, even. Maybe I even believed what I wrote, but I was primarily posting it to subtly imply that a) I have expensive and esoteric equipment and cables b) I have a great ear, and c) that my system is revealing of details that even test equipment might not be able to measure. All of this was put out there in hopes that it would spark an agreeable discussion that would ultimately seem impressive to prospective mastering clients among the membership here at Gearslutz.

Various posters realized that by stating a huge difference at line level, it meant that it was something that could be easily recorded digitally, shared as files, and A/B'ed or listened to by anyone. People began requesting that files be made so they could hear for themselves and participate in what looked could be a new and exciting discussion. At that point, I gut-checked, realizing if I did post examples, it would reveal that I either imagined or exaggerated the huge differences, and ergo, would undermine my reputation deeply.

I then began to challenge the posters to listen for themselves, which I knew to be a misleading argument, since listening for themselves would have been exactly what they would be doing with the files I could have provided. Nonetheless, I had hoped it would work, that the antagonistic posters would go away, or that interest would fade. I was amazed that even the more cordial posters were now asking for the same thing, and I lashed out at them.

Obviously it did not work. I have stubbornly continued denying, stonewalling and offering straw man arguments in hopes I would not have to post files or admit to myself or to you all that this all started as a well intended, but self serving mistake.

Here we are. I would like to apologize to those of you who I attacked, and to the forum in general. I have learned something about myself from this, and I hope we can put it behind us.

Sincerely,
Brian Lucey

Let the healing begin. Keep the thread alive! Post the files!
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Can you guys stay on topic? I'm not the topic. My logic here may be faulty and my posts may have moved around in response the the tidal wave of responses that were off topic from where I had hoped to go initially. I make no bones that I'm cranky, under the weather, out of the studio.... so what is your point except to be personal and take shots?

I hear these two cables as different and chose copper last week. Others hear things in their own tests. Can we stick with the topic?

No.

I didn't think so, and THUS I SAID. This topic was a mistake.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
so what is your point except to be personal and take shots?
I think that intent of most folks posting here is either to learn something new, or help prevent bull**** from propagating on this forum. If the thread had someone else's name behind it Brian, it would have had the same effect.

Some people have said that there is a ghost in the building where my studio is located. My first reaction given my years in life is that it is bull****. So I ask them what proof do you have of this? They say I saw an image of an old man late at night. Now I don't doubt that they did, but I think possibly that it was only their perception of something that it existed, not a physical entity. To them it was real though.

I research further, I ask the bank located in the building if they know of any ghosts. They said that occasionally the alarm goes off late at night (about the same time as the appearance of the ghost) and when they turned the alarm off nobody was here. This might be considered proof, but there could be a probabilty that this was caused by a considerable number of other factors.

In this case I do not doubt that you hear a difference, but there are many other factors that could be the cause, your head cold, something in your chain, the wind. We don't know, the only way we will is if we can reproduce your experience. Since you aren't willing to provide any evidence to the facts all we seem to be doing here is talking about a perception of what might be. Ghost stories are fun, but hard to take seriously.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Well, you don't see your own bias while implying bias on the other party. It's hypocritical. "Prove it to me", is a bias. "Prove it or you're a bull****ter", is a projection and a professional insult . So you're reframing the argument in your own image, with bias. You want me to live in your world, or I'm a bull****ter? That's crap. As I've said before, I trust what I hear and that's all I need to know.

If you need more info the onus is on you. Your studio, your ears, your work, your tests. Pretty simple logic.

I've done A/B for decades and I trust my ears. Life is short and my days of A/B are too many already to argue using your tools and your language and your definitions. I have wasted a lot of time in tests when I could have trusted my first impression, as it turned out to be right after a lot of hard work to prove it to myself. I don't do that extra work as a matter of choice, not anymore. When I needed to test these cables I did.

I tested for myself, for a specific need that was real, not theoretical ... heard some things, and posted. That's my right. If you disagree and post that I'm dreaming, that's your right and I wont argue with it as you're doing here. This protracted and deeply polarizing thread, like all cable threads, speaks to some emotional depth that is not being posted. Ironically it's always the supposedly scientific types who exhibit the most venom and emotion.

As far as having a nice conversation with others who have done the work, some of whom have posted here, that's a subjective thing that has merit to those people. Does a subjective conversation need the endorsement of those who have not done the work or who have a bias that keeps them from doing the work, or being open eared when they do it? That's bold.

Jim Williams has been talking about silver for years and never once did I say, "prove it Jim", you bull****ter! I thought, well, his ears on ICs are very good, so maybe so ... BUT I DONT REALLY CARE BECAUSE I DONT NEED ANY CABLES!

Some folks have a chip on their shoulder about A/B/X and proof. It's very clear. There have been many projections in this thread common to cable threads, like "you obviously think you hear better than us". That's a projection. I don't think any cable makes work good or bad and I dont know how anyone else hears. I hear as I hear. You hear as you hear. Why is that such an issue except as a projection of insecurity?

The bottom line, hearing is personal to people so these threads offend everyone, and I'm again sorry to have done this one. I was not thinking clearly when I imagined a more restrained conversation as possible ... I was in too good of a mood and forgot the venom that comes out.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Brian we're all biased to some degree whether you like to think so or not. Just try to read through some of your posts on other threads with objectivity and it should be apparent. Bias is also part of experience. I have tried several brands and types of cables (not the ones that you mentioned) and other than cheap or damaged ones the "huge difference" is not apparent to me.

Anyway I've wasted enough time and bandwidth here. Where I see nothing "you see dead people". I will leave you to debate that with interested folk.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteringhouse View Post
Brian we're all biased to some degree whether you like to think so or not. Just try to read through some of your posts on other threads with objectivity and it should be apparent. Bias is also part of experience. I have tried several brands and types of cables (not the ones that you mentioned) and other than cheap or damaged ones the "huge difference" is not apparent to me.

Anyway I've wasted enough time and bandwidth here. Where I see nothing "you see dead people". I will leave you to debate that with interested folk.
Fair enough. Thanks for demonstrating a civil and honest post with (almost) nothing extra.

p.s. I've never claimed to not have bias. My point is that your bias is what derails these threads. I hear something as do a few others. No big deal to me if you don't or think I'm faulty.
Old 7th September 2007
Quote:
There are many people who you could call out on this, why me? Seem rather personal.
Well, just to clarify, I'm certainly not calling you out! I don't have a bias either way (copper or silver I mean, I've just never heard silver), and I don't doubt what you hear. I was just interested in hearing what you are hearing. And it's nothing personal - you just happen to be the guy that started the thread!

Quote:
In principle, the onus to "post files" is something I refute. Posting files used to be a treat ... and now you demand it? How rude.
I'm fairly new here. Looking around I saw a lot of different threads with files posted (the UAD LA2A versus hardware threads were great!). Seems a great way to learn. Just thought I'd ask if you could share what you are hearing. Sorry if you found that too forward or rude!

Quote:
if a poster spoke from their experience and not from their theories everything would work fine. If you have not heard an eq is your view of it worth anything? Imagine what a worthless forum it would be if most of the comments were mostly from conjecture and not from listening.
And yet you had a chance to share what you are hearing with all of the genuinely interested people here ( nevermind the others) - you know, make it inclusive rather than exclusive. Then we could all go away having learned something. Isn't that the spirit of this place, or am I totally misreading it?

- J.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaPointe View Post
And yet you had a chance to share what you are hearing with all of the genuinely interested people here ( nevermind the others) - you know, make it inclusive rather than exclusive. Then we could all go away having learned something. Isn't that the spirit of this place, or am I totally misreading it?

- J.
Sorry but the 'genuine interest' was a smokescreen for many. I'm not playing that game.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think that intent of most folks posting here is either to learn something new, or help prevent bull**** from propagating on this forum.

That is GOLDEN. What a tremendous statement! I don't think I've read something so mind-blowing yet put so simply. In fact, this could go down as Gearslutz slogan. What a great statement! Thankyou so much.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Sure is gettin' bitchy in here.

Anyone making records anymore?

Brian ain't posting any clips. Nuff 'said. Move on.
Old 7th September 2007

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterer View Post
Sure is gettin' bitchy in here.

Anyone making records anymore?

Brian ain't posting any clips. Nuff 'said. Move on.
What? They're still makin' records? Though pre-recorded music had gone the way of the dinosaur...

I think Chris is right. It's about that time... Thanks to everyone who tried to participate constructively.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search