The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bluetooth Transmitter
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Bluetooth Transmitter

Any recommendations for a bluetooth transmitter for the studio?

I bought a cheap transmitter on Amazon but it gates at low audio levels so it cuts out on fades, noise, etc. Looking for something that has decent latency and does not gate.

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
Lots on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Best-Bluetoot...th+Transmitter

This one has been recommended on a few sites https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...nemablend06-20

Hope this helps!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Verified Member
There are many out there, most of them made by Chinese industries, meaning they're all generic transmitters just relabeled and sold everywhere

What you want to look for is the chipset they use, Qualcomm leads that area, so look for something with Qualcomm AptX HD, I use a receiver with CSR8675 version of theirs, which claims to deliver the uncompressed audio stream to a balanced stereo output, though a receiver, the brand and the technology is gonna be the same for the transmitter too.

If you want the best audio quality and have fun soldering stuff, then buy their chips, and solder your own with the best components possible for uncompromised audio quality, otherwise FiiO makes some great products, so do many brands on AliExpress.

Hope this helps!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalex View Post
There are many out there, most of them made by Chinese industries.......
Yes, for sure. Can you name one that you have direct experience with that does what I'm looking for?

The thing you need to understand about this forum is that it's a place where professionals present very specific questions to other professionals who may have solid advice to offer. It's not a place to impress people by repeating something you read on-line. Be concise. Be helpful. Noise is just noise.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reierson View Post
It's not a place to impress people by repeating something you read on-line. Be concise. Be helpful. Noise is just noise.
Yeah sure. What can be explained to people who have very narrow opinions like you.

The thing is I am a DIY enthusiast, having built quite a few audio projects over the past few years on my own, that's why I recommended you to look for the technology, particularly the chipset and buy anything which has it all because of the fact that there's not much "brand name" stuff out there due to the simple and generic technology used.

The ones suggested by Mr. Bethe were also generic devices being sold with any brand name, that's what I clearly wrote, now I do not know what y'all understand of this.

I briefed you about the things going inside a device you want, you can find many all over the place which suits your requirement, and this is not something I read on-line for portraying myself as a know it all especially on this forum where no one even knows my first name, nor do I have time to google for stuff I do not know, especially because a person who I do not even remotely know of posted it on a forum.

As for experience, I've made one for myself with the Qualcomm CSR8675 chip, it was the best compromise between price and audio quality I could find, and that's how I found it, by studying how these work and finding the best for myself.

Respect knowledge, we're, at least I'm not a fool to give you a logical answer, all to hear your stone-age views about "this is a forum for professionals" or "no noise", if you think logic is noise, then .... find someone who'll spoonfeed you with generic devices, which you can overpay for rather than finding better and economical stuff by doing a basic search.

Yeah, I wasn't helpful, as if posting on this forum and especially your thread would gain me brownie points and a 4.0 GPA
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
Quote:

The thing you need to understand about this forum is that it's a place where professionals present very specific questions to other professionals who may have solid advice to offer. It's not a place to impress people by repeating something you read on-line. Be concise. Be helpful. Noise is just noise.
People were trying to help you. You are a professional and so are the people who were trying to help you. If you have specific needs they should have been set down in your original post. FWIW
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
People were trying to help you. You are a professional and so are the people who were trying to help you. If you have specific needs they should have been set down in your original post. FWIW
Like this?

Quote:
I bought a cheap transmitter on Amazon but it gates at low audio levels so it cuts out on fades, noise, etc. Looking for something that has decent latency and does not gate.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Verified Member
There’s nothing specific in your original post except something with less latency and hating

There are many parameters to factor, such as what type of Bluetooth profile do you want the audio to be streamed at: A2DP, AptX or SBC

Then what’s the input level you’re expecting to hit the transmitter with, or what type of input such as line-in or XLR

The power supply, you want something efficient and cheap like USB powered or a dedicated unit with a power supply, many many things to consider.

With only “less latency and gating” there’s nothing that can be suggested tbh. You need to be more 'specific’ and more 'concise' with your question, less latency and gating is just 'noise' and way too broad as a question.

Last edited by darkalex; 4 weeks ago at 03:32 PM.. Reason: errors
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Holy Sh*t! OK, I’ve heard quite sufficient from you two. Thanks.

Anyone out there have a transmitter that doesn’t gate at low levels?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Ignore the ankle biters. Here's something that may help you get down the road. I don't have any experience with any of them. Sennheiser makes one too, mixed reviews. The audiophile world may be the place to look for this item because it's consumer oriented.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...-transmitters/
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
1 Review written
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moran View Post
Ignore the ankle biters. Here's something that may help you get down the road. I don't have any experience with any of them. Sennheiser makes one too, mixed reviews. The audiophile world may be the place to look for this item because it's consumer oriented.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...-transmitters/
You are providing the same "unqualified" information that other people have provided. Greg only seems to want "suggestions" from people who have actually used a particular piece of equipment. FWIW
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
the reviewer has used all the pieces he talks about in the article. I guess you missed that part.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
1 Review written
Greg,

Can I ask what the use case is?

- Is it taking line level/usb audio in and transmitting to bluetooth devices (like speakers etc)?
- Or the opposite receiving bluetooth signals from phones etc to be converted to line level
- or both?!

If option 2 they have some in Capitol A & B that work really well, I can get you a model #
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

You'll probably find no specific answers here. Bluetooth, in my experience, is just too limited in terms of distance to be useful for my location recording needs and in a studio it's much easier to just use a cable. I don't think many pro audio users would have 'pro' experience of using it.

THIS: https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Radi...SABEgJxePD_BwE

Does look promising!
In generalz Radial make fantastic products, I would imagine they have implemented their side of the product to top spec...

Dave
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Oh, ignore that - it's just a receiver, not a transmitter. Sorry
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruairi View Post
Can I ask what the use case is?
Hey Ruairi,

I use it when cutting. With phones I can keep the mains low but still listen as I cut, QC, etc. I had been using a wired headset but being tethered is awkward when moving around the studio.

I took John's advice and tried one from that NYT review. Avantree BTTC-500. So far so good. It pairs easily, doesn't gate and sounds fine for the intended use.

Thanks,
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
I don't think many pro audio users would have 'pro' experience of using it.
Nor did I. And it seem no one selling them has any actual use experience.

Luckily this is a pretty light duty use. Not a hi-fi thing. Just a confidence listen. The real QC happens before and after the cut with the mains up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Verified Member
Quote:
Hey Ruairi,

I use it when cutting. With phones I can keep the mains low but still listen as I cut, QC, etc. I had been using a wired headset but being tethered is awkward when moving around the studio.

I took John's advice and tried one from that NYT review. Avantree BTTC-500. So far so good. It pairs easily, doesn't gate and sounds fine for the intended use.

Thanks,
That's great, you finally found what you were looking for, man you could've just wrote the use case that it was for secondary purpose, and that you were fine with online reviews, all of this went into such a useless heated conversation...

Anyways, good for you, that box uses the same AptX thing I told you about, trust me, it's like as good as it gets in Bluetooth audio quality.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Yeah i’ve got a cheap chinese one $100 that does the gating, so i never use it.

some walmart type brand, it was a gift!

so i’ll be curious to your findings GR.

cheers, JT
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
5 Reviews written
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalex View Post
That's great, you finally found what you were looking for...
Alejandro, my young friend, yes I did.

You are obviously a very smart kid. Life is just too short for arguing. If you can respect that most of us here have been at this for a while and actually do know what we are doing, then we can respect that you represent the next wave of disruptors and innovators. There's room for both.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Tubb View Post
Yeah i’ve got a cheap chinese one $100 that does the gating, so i never use it.

some walmart type brand, it was a gift!

so i’ll be curious to your findings GR.

cheers, JT
JK Audio makes Bluetooth/XLR transmitters and receivers that are "supposed to be" pro quality. Years ago, I bought the BlueSet which is intended for use with intercom beltpaks. I paired it with my Plantronics Legend phone earpiece. I works pretty well and sounds fine but the latency was a bit too much for that use case. Maybe the ones intended to input/export to audio systems work better. Dunno.....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear