The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sadie : versions and suites
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict
Sadie : versions and suites

I figure the Mastering forum will have more Sadie users than elsewhere...

I already have a legecy Sadie 5 system running 5.6.1 radio producers suite purchased secondhand - I'm learning to use it.

However I've noticed the current offers by Sadie for 6.1.8. (25% off) which had me thinking about moving to Mastering Suite for mastering my own music (or learning to do so anyway...).

Could anyone say whether there are many advantages in moving to 6.1.8 from 5.6.1 and also what the extras are for the Mastering Suite?

Of course, I could have this discussion with Sadie but I prefer forum-based discussions.

I imagine people's first questions will be about my usage. Well, I am doing low-track count recording of my own music/sound design, editing samples and tracks (field recordings, sfx recordings) using outboard. But I would also like to train myelf up in Sadie for soundtrack work for art projects/theatre or even film.

In my mind, a Mastering suite version of software would come with some good mastering effects but I'm not sure if that is actually the case with Sadie or whether it's the authoring tools you're paying extra for..

Then, as a bonus question, I've seen a Sadie 6 PCM H8 system for sale running 5.6.1 (they're keeping their own licence for 6) - what are the advantages between pcm8 and pcm h8 (i guess the pc side will be faster).

Thanks in advance.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Decades long SADiST here.

The hardware based SADiE systems were good in their day. But now you want to be using a native system, V6.18

Hardware ties you to old ways of working with little possibility to use plug-ins, no possibility to harness the power of modern computers, and it ties you to old hard disks. You also are stuck with a lower track count when using legacy SADiE hardware.

The new way of working means you use an interface to get audio into your SADiE program or else you load in your already recorded program material via AES. For example, here I have installed RME AES cards in my computer and all files move in that way.

Using an interface means you choose the number of I/O channels you need and work that way.

Using a native SADiE system also means equipping your studio with a good DAC for playbacks.

In my opinion, SADIE V6.18 is fantastic for its work flow, its sound quality, and it's speed of editing.

PQ coding and PQ list printing are part of SADiE mastering pack. I am not too stoked about the included Isotopem tools that come with the SADiE pack. They are of limited use compared to the real and fully featured Izotope plug-ins.

Check the feature list on the SADiE website. You may be able to get away with purchasing the "Radio Producer" pack which offers most of the functionality of the mastering pack.

Buy SADiE today. Retire that hardware version.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search