The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stereo image plugins recommendations?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Stereo image plugins recommendations?

Please list some few of stereo plugins that you know which doesn't only spread sound to the sides but also retains the mid , it shoudn't sound weak

I Have used Both plugins stereo imagine 2 from ozone and polyverse wider

Although wider plugin claims it to be not causing any phasing issues which i can see in the graph but the sound i m working on sounds chorus and flangy when i use it even though not 100% and the one from ozone isn't that great in my opinion and if i push it bit harder to the desirable sound it causes alot of phasing issues

I like stock fl studio stereo imagine better but the only problem is the mid is weak when i stereo image it
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I developed the “SideMinder” plugins for the exact task and problems you described. The demos are free to try.

https://www.raisingjakestudios.com/plugins.html
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Check out Leapwing Audio StageOne.

Also mid/side EQ, when used carefully, can potentially open and widen a mix. Without using linear phase filters you'll still have phase shift, but it doesn't sound like the typical phasey mess from some widening fx (again when used carefully in moderation).

SlickEQ M has a dedicated mode to adjust MS channel filter gains without disturbing phase.

Keep in mind that at a point widening will always make the center sound weaker by contrast, so I'd recommend using as little as possible when center/mid power is important.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The best way to make a mix appear wider without diminishing the impact of the centre is often simple EQ: the right EQ moves in the midrange will very often open the whole thing up. Not M/S EQ, just regular stereo EQ. It's not a quick fix and it's not a very sexy option, but it accounts for probably 90% of the mastering 'widening' that laymen often assume to be the result of dedicated M/S or 'extra-spatial' processing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocratic Mastering View Post
The best way to make a mix appear wider without diminishing the impact of the centre is often simple EQ. .....
Exactly! It's a crazy world of all sorts of stereo widening plugins destroying music. Right moves on mono vs. stereo EQ moves makes all the difference.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Please list some few of stereo plugins that you know which doesn't only spread sound to the sides but also retains the mid , it shoudn't sound weak
Using the separate left and right controls, in conjunction with the mid and side controls of the Fabfilter EQ, you can open up a mix.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
I really like these plugins Nugen audio Stereoizer https://nugenaudio.com/stereoizer and Matthew Lane DrMS https://www.mathewlane.com/downloads/drms/

Both are very good both mix down to mono very well. FWIW
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Slick EQ M - Great M/S feature with unique stereo image controls and a great EQ on top of that. Also has some cool coloring tools.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocratic Mastering View Post
The best way to make a mix appear wider without diminishing the impact of the centre is often simple EQ: the right EQ moves in the midrange will very often open the whole thing up. Not M/S EQ, just regular stereo EQ. It's not a quick fix and it's not a very sexy option, but it accounts for probably 90% of the mastering 'widening' that laymen often assume to be the result of dedicated M/S or 'extra-spatial' processing.
Slam dunk here, nothing to add.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Verified Member
Try TeslaST by Antipop Studios, This is a really simple plugin that works on Mid Side Blumlein Widening

It allows you to balance mid-side levels and apply shelf eq to the low mids on sides to widen the image

This can be done relatively easy with an eq plugin too, but this offers a simple interface to do it all, they offer a generous 2 months demo so you can try this out maybe.

It is 100% mono-compatible unless you use it really hard that it sounds phasey.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Verified Member
Bedini B.A.S.E. ?

I just remembered about the Bedini B.A.S.E. Hardware Unit

It has been discussed a lot on Gearslutz but I could not find anything related to how it works to achieve that effect which many established mastering engineers like the legendary Brian 'Big Bass' Gardner used.

Any insight about it's internal techniques ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search