The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tone Projects Unisum Compressor
Old 15th June 2020
  #61
Lives for gear
 
Volt9's Avatar
Me neither, how do you update?

I have version 1.0.1 right now.
Old 15th June 2020 | Show parent
  #62
Gear Head
 
Rune L-H's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
Me neither, how do you update?

I have version 1.0.1 right now.
The 1.1.0 update with Auto-Gain (and other additions) is still in beta testing. I expect it to be out within this month.
Old 16th June 2020 | Show parent
  #63
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune L-H View Post
The 1.1.0 update with Auto-Gain (and other additions) is still in beta testing. I expect it to be out within this month.
It is going to be sooooo sick !!!
Old 16th June 2020
  #64
Lives for gear
 
Giuseppe Zaccaria's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 5 years
this tool is flippin dope
Old 18th June 2020
  #65
Lives for gear
 
huejahfink's Avatar
 
Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Been putting this through the paces for a little over a month now. Love it, and don't even care that I narrowly missed the price change.

In particular for me, as someone who has a large proportion of electronica / dance tracks come in - kick punch is sacrosanct. I'm often using the compression to help shape that as it feeds the limiter. It took me a while wading into the extended style options, but dialling in peak gain on the low band detector has proven to be a big W on many occasions. It seems to be digging into the kick in a way that I've rarely experienced. Already getting some 'how did you get the kick to cut through like that?' comments !

This comp rocks duuuuuuude
Old 18th June 2020 | Show parent
  #66
Lives for gear
 
SmoothTone's Avatar
 
Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by huejahfink View Post
In particular for me, as someone who has a large proportion of electronica / dance tracks come in - kick punch is sacrosanct. I'm often using the compression to help shape that as it feeds the limiter. It took me a while wading into the extended style options, but dialling in peak gain on the low band detector has proven to be a big W on many occasions. It seems to be digging into the kick in a way that I've rarely experienced. Already getting some 'how did you get the kick to cut through like that?' comments !

This comp rocks duuuuuuude
I did this just today as well on a kick heavy pop track. . . while also bringing some clarity out in the vocal. . . while also smoothing the top end. . . and enhancing the groove.

I keep telling my ears it's not multiband but they won't believe me.
Old 18th June 2020 | Show parent
  #67
Lives for gear
 
macc's Avatar
 
Verified Member
3 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by huejahfink View Post
Been putting this through the paces for a little over a month now. Love it, and don't even care that I narrowly missed the price change.

In particular for me, as someone who has a large proportion of electronica / dance tracks come in - kick punch is sacrosanct. I'm often using the compression to help shape that as it feeds the limiter. It took me a while wading into the extended style options, but dialling in peak gain on the low band detector has proven to be a big W on many occasions. It seems to be digging into the kick in a way that I've rarely experienced. Already getting some 'how did you get the kick to cut through like that?' comments !

This comp rocks duuuuuuude
If you like that sort of thing you're going to love some of the new bits in the update.

Sorry to be that idiot who teases, but I think it all takes this beauty up an extra notch. Yes, an extra notch.
Old 18th June 2020
  #68
Lives for gear
 
matskull's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I regretted trying the demo when I did cause after that I had to buy it even though I was broke, it's that good.
Old 19th June 2020
  #69
Lives for gear
 
whippoorwill's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 5 years
Loving this compressor, wonderful sound and incredible customisation.
A few minor notes. Would love an undo button. On reaper it seems to sometimes add fake stuff to the Reaper global undo, but I haven't investigated fully. Like without touching anything, or even another plugin, suddenly I'll have to undo 5-6 items of nothing, labelled as unisum, before I get to the actual last parameter I touched.
A "Delta" button would be incredibly welcome, to sometimes hear what's happening to the signal. I find it's useful if something is not quite right and it's not immediately clear which plugin that's coming from.
Also, I'd like a "Render as Pristine" button so you don't have to change the individual instances if being used in, say, mixing (I know, I know, wrong subforum) where you might have a few instances running.
Old 20th June 2020
  #70
Lives for gear
 
XKAudio's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Doing my mastering in the box thanks to this one. Sounds great!
Old 21st June 2020 | Show parent
  #71
Lives for gear
 
Progmatic-Studios's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by huejahfink View Post
Been putting this through the paces for a little over a month now. Love it, and don't even care that I narrowly missed the price change.

In particular for me, as someone who has a large proportion of electronica / dance tracks come in - kick punch is sacrosanct. I'm often using the compression to help shape that as it feeds the limiter. It took me a while wading into the extended style options, but dialling in peak gain on the low band detector has proven to be a big W on many occasions. It seems to be digging into the kick in a way that I've rarely experienced. Already getting some 'how did you get the kick to cut through like that?' comments !

This comp rocks duuuuuuude
Would love to try this with the demo. Can you share the selected compressor type and starting settings so I can fiddle around? Appreciate it
Old 21st June 2020
  #72
Lives for gear
 
huejahfink's Avatar
 
Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 10 years
It's too program dependent for that to be worthwhile I think. What I'd suggest is, that in the style section, you'll want to set the low band frequency so that it's encompassing the attack of the kick, try the Env Smooth probably at a higher (faster) setting - 12 o clock or more maybe, and then dial in (ie - increase) the peak gain on the low band until it bites.
If it's not biting then bring it back, increase the weight and/or x-ratio a little, and then try dialling in the peak gain again.

Of course it's also going to be dependent on what your main compressor settings are and all manner of other things. But the above have been where I've been fiddling to get that kick-grabbing working for me, given appropriate compressor settings for the mix at hand.
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #73
Gear Addict
 
Verified Member
1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 5 years
Would it be possible to emulate Fairchild 660/670 compression & harmonic behavior with the Unisum?
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #74
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldorodeo View Post
Would it be possible to emulate Fairchild 660/670 compression & harmonic behavior with the Unisum?
For the behaviour, the Groovy Mu start is a very nice beginning.

For the harmonics, well I don't think so.
Emulates that much tube + transformers is a work of art that a very few (none in my opinion) plugin devs emulated properly.
Unisum is aimed at being transparent and respecting the source as much as possible (which is the total opposite of a 670).

But what you can do is enjoy the Unisum behavior and using your fav 670 plug just after, just for the color.
Old 24th November 2020
  #75
Lives for gear
 
Glamdring's Avatar
 
Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Might there be a Black Friday sale on Unisum?
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #76
Lives for gear
 
Fidelis's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hope so!
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #77
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
Might there be a Black Friday sale on Unisum?
Pllleeeeaaaasse!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th November 2020
  #78
Lives for gear
 
Glamdring's Avatar
 
Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Waiting and hoping!
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
  #79
Gear Head
 
Damn. Still no announcement of an upcoming BF sale.
Old 26th November 2020
  #80
Lives for gear
 
Hippocratic Mastering's Avatar
 
Verified Member
9 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
A lot of entitlement in this thread!
Old 27th November 2020
  #81
Gear Nut
Unisum is at 40% off ($119) as of right now!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #82
Gear Maniac
 
TimFoster's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 5 years
Well... that was the easiest parting of money Iโ€™ve encountered thus far in my Black Friday travels... completely without remorse!!!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #83
Lives for gear
 
Fidelis's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFoster View Post
Well... that was the easiest parting of money Iโ€™ve encountered thus far in my Black Friday travels... completely without remorse!!!
Same here!!!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #84
Lives for gear
 
Conundra's Avatar
 
Verified Member
๐ŸŽง 5 years
And bought!

Not feeling in the least bit entitled, but definitely appreciate the sale
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
  #85
Lives for gear
 
Volt9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundra View Post
And bought!

Not feeling in the least bit entitled, but definitely appreciate the sale
The entitled remark makes no sense in my opinion. Enjoy this great compressor!
Old 27th November 2020
  #86
Lives for gear
 
Hippocratic Mastering's Avatar
 
Verified Member
9 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Meh, I just find this expectation that every company should comply with โ€˜Black Fridayโ€™ a little bit nauseating. But Iโ€™m glad for everyone who managed to pick up the compressor for a lower price; itโ€™s a great plugin.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
  #87
Lives for gear
 
skythemusic's Avatar
 
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I bought as well, been looking forward to it for months.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #88
Gear Maniac
 
๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade2 View Post
Unisum is at 40% off ($119) as of right now!
Missed this one:( Is it still on sale somewhere?
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
  #89
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvfur View Post
Missed this one:( Is it still on sale somewhere?
I don't think it is, unfortunately.
But might be worth waiting for Christmas, maybe they'll have it on sale again.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #90
Gear Addict
 
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I really wish they do a New Years sale~
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 605 views: 142164
Avatar for archfrenemy
archfrenemy 15th March 2012
replies: 1201 views: 162236
Avatar for MRSEED
MRSEED 2 weeks ago
replies: 4 views: 1391
Avatar for macc
macc 18th November 2020
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump