I have version 1.0.1 right now.
Old 15th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 ➡️
Me neither, how do you update?

I have version 1.0.1 right now.
The 1.1.0 update with Auto-Gain (and other additions) is still in beta testing. I expect it to be out within this month.
Old 16th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune L-H ➡️
The 1.1.0 update with Auto-Gain (and other additions) is still in beta testing. I expect it to be out within this month.
It is going to be sooooo sick !!!
Old 16th June 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
this tool is flippin dope
Old 18th June 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
Been putting this through the paces for a little over a month now. Love it, and don't even care that I narrowly missed the price change.

In particular for me, as someone who has a large proportion of electronica / dance tracks come in - kick punch is sacrosanct. I'm often using the compression to help shape that as it feeds the limiter. It took me a while wading into the extended style options, but dialling in peak gain on the low band detector has proven to be a big W on many occasions. It seems to be digging into the kick in a way that I've rarely experienced. Already getting some 'how did you get the kick to cut through like that?' comments !

This comp rocks duuuuuuude
Old 18th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by huejahfink ➡️
In particular for me, as someone who has a large proportion of electronica / dance tracks come in - kick punch is sacrosanct. I'm often using the compression to help shape that as it feeds the limiter. It took me a while wading into the extended style options, but dialling in peak gain on the low band detector has proven to be a big W on many occasions. It seems to be digging into the kick in a way that I've rarely experienced. Already getting some 'how did you get the kick to cut through like that?' comments !

I did this just today as well on a kick heavy pop track. . . while also bringing some clarity out in the vocal. . . while also smoothing the top end. . . and enhancing the groove.

I keep telling my ears it's not multiband but they won't believe me.
Old 18th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Verified Member
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Been putting this through the paces for a little over a month now. Love it, and don't even care that I narrowly missed the price change.

If you like that sort of thing you're going to love some of the new bits in the update.

Sorry to be that idiot who teases, but I think it all takes this beauty up an extra notch. Yes, an extra notch.
Old 18th June 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I regretted trying the demo when I did cause after that I had to buy it even though I was broke, it's that good.
Old 19th June 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Loving this compressor, wonderful sound and incredible customisation.
A few minor notes. Would love an undo button. On reaper it seems to sometimes add fake stuff to the Reaper global undo, but I haven't investigated fully. Like without touching anything, or even another plugin, suddenly I'll have to undo 5-6 items of nothing, labelled as unisum, before I get to the actual last parameter I touched.
A "Delta" button would be incredibly welcome, to sometimes hear what's happening to the signal. I find it's useful if something is not quite right and it's not immediately clear which plugin that's coming from.
Also, I'd like a "Render as Pristine" button so you don't have to change the individual instances if being used in, say, mixing (I know, I know, wrong subforum) where you might have a few instances running.
Old 20th June 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Doing my mastering in the box thanks to this one. Sounds great!
Old 21st June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Would love to try this with the demo. Can you share the selected compressor type and starting settings so I can fiddle around? Appreciate it
Old 21st June 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 10 years
It's too program dependent for that to be worthwhile I think. What I'd suggest is, that in the style section, you'll want to set the low band frequency so that it's encompassing the attack of the kick, try the Env Smooth probably at a higher (faster) setting - 12 o clock or more maybe, and then dial in (ie - increase) the peak gain on the low band until it bites.
If it's not biting then bring it back, increase the weight and/or x-ratio a little, and then try dialling in the peak gain again.

Of course it's also going to be dependent on what your main compressor settings are and all manner of other things. But the above have been where I've been fiddling to get that kick-grabbing working for me, given appropriate compressor settings for the mix at hand.
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Verified Member
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Would it be possible to emulate Fairchild 660/670 compression & harmonic behavior with the Unisum?
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldorodeo ➡️
Would it be possible to emulate Fairchild 660/670 compression & harmonic behavior with the Unisum?
For the behaviour, the Groovy Mu start is a very nice beginning.

For the harmonics, well I don't think so.
Emulates that much tube + transformers is a work of art that a very few (none in my opinion) plugin devs emulated properly.
Unisum is aimed at being transparent and respecting the source as much as possible (which is the total opposite of a 670).

But what you can do is enjoy the Unisum behavior and using your fav 670 plug just after, just for the color.
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Might there be a Black Friday sale on Unisum?
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hope so!
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring ➡️
Might there be a Black Friday sale on Unisum?
Pllleeeeaaaasse!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 15 years
Waiting and hoping!
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Damn. Still no announcement of an upcoming BF sale.
Old 26th November 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
A lot of entitlement in this thread!
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac
Unisum is at 40% off ($119) as of right now!
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Well... that was the easiest parting of money I’ve encountered thus far in my Black Friday travels... completely without remorse!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFoster ➡️
Well... that was the easiest parting of money I’ve encountered thus far in my Black Friday travels... completely without remorse!!!
Same here!!!
Lives for gear

Verified Member
🎧 5 years
And bought!

Not feeling in the least bit entitled, but definitely appreciate the sale
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundra ➡️
And bought!

Not feeling in the least bit entitled, but definitely appreciate the sale
The entitled remark makes no sense in my opinion. Enjoy this great compressor!
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

Verified Member
9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Meh, I just find this expectation that every company should comply with ‘Black Friday’ a little bit nauseating. But I’m glad for everyone who managed to pick up the compressor for a lower price; it’s a great plugin.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I bought as well, been looking forward to it for months.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade2 ➡️
Unisum is at 40% off ($119) as of right now!
Missed this one:( Is it still on sale somewhere?
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvfur ➡️
Missed this one:( Is it still on sale somewhere?
I don't think it is, unfortunately.
But might be worth waiting for Christmas, maybe they'll have it on sale again.
Old 30th December 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I really wish they do a New Years sale~
📝 Reply