The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I interviewed Nashville mastering engineer Chris Frasco, all outboard workflow
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I interviewed Nashville mastering engineer Chris Frasco, all outboard workflow

He has an all outboard workflow and I figured you guys would be in to it. Check it out https://www.bleedingpeanutbutter.com...asco-interview

Let me know what you think.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

i think there's nothing technical in the article. Reading the thread's title about "all outboard workflow" is kind of clickbait IMHO...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

maybe the most technical answer is about his favorite hot sauce.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Ahh my bad, I wasn’t trying to be click bait. I would be happy to pass along any tech questions and update the interview. What would you like to know?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

This is a Mastering forum and your thread title talks about "all outboard workflow". Your article contains no technical information nor nothing about outboard or workflow.
I'm not interested in submitting any question but i'm sure many other (curious by nature) engineers will follow your link and be disappointed for same reasons. IMHO you should edit the title removing the "outboard workflow" misleading part so who wants to read about the guy or the hot sauce he likes will be fine. You can too edit the interview with something about the technical part (if there's something interesting to say).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I mean we sure do talk about why he is all outboard vs in a computer and a whole lot about business decisions of Nashville vs NYC. Also how to start learning mastering. We do NOT go in to why he would cut 10db on something or whatever. That's was not really the point of the interview.

Sorry to disappoint, I thought someone here would like it.

and come on, the hot sauce question is funny.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
c'mon folks: this is a nice chat between friends and gives some real-world insight in how someone got into mastering and how he likes things, possibly helping younger folks to understand that mastering ain't no black art but a job (and a passion) as much as anything else!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreampolice View Post
He has an all outboard workflow and I figured you guys would be in to it. Check it out https://www.bleedingpeanutbutter.com...asco-interview

Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the link. I'm happy to read anything regarding most MEs, technical or not.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search