The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tc System 6000 MK I
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Tc System 6000 MK I

Hi,

I was just recently given a TC 6000 Mastering unit by a friend. It is basically new - only used to mix one album. I know this is an old unit but is it still a unit mastering engineers are using? I was thinking of using it to master and running it through an A-Designs Mp2 (not driven hard) for a little analog warmth. I believe Bob Katz talks about doing something similar in his Mastering book. I also have izotope music production suite with Ozone. Has the software gotten to the point where it is as good or better than the hardware or does the TC still have its place?

Appreciate your thoughts in advance...blessings!

Last edited by KJandKT; 1 week ago at 06:26 AM.. Reason: Misspelling
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Also, interesting enough...I got a reply back from Music Tribe that they are no longer doing the MKII upgrade kits! So, my unit will remain at MKII. But it still has MD4 in it, the Reverb 5000 effects/reverbs, etc.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT View Post
Also, interesting enough...I got a reply back from Music Tribe that they are no longer doing the MKII upgrade kits! So, my unit will remain at MKII. But it still has MD4 in it, the Reverb 5000 effects/reverbs, etc.
don't excepect any support for gear from any manufacturer which got bought by evil b...

anyway, the m/s mastering options are useful but imo the system 6000 is actually more valuable as a reverb/efx device than as a mastering processor - enjoy!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Still selling used for lots of money.See this SOS article https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews...ic-reverb-6000 FWIW

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search