The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can't upload 44.1K 16b Waves
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Can't upload 44.1K 16b Waves

Hi,

I recently received the 44.1K 16b Streaming Master from a world-famous mastering engineer. The master sounds amazing. However, the online distributor server rejects the files every time I try to upload them. Each one of these files results in a upload error when I try to upload them. However, any other 44.1K 16b wav in my computer that I have tried results in a successful upload so their server is fully operational.

Before I contact this mastering engineer, what do you think can cause this? I'm guessing the files became corrupt or there is unnecessary metadata embedded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's all but a mystery.

Many thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
That's really weird. If the files were corrupt you wouldn't be able to listen to them, and I really don't think any metadata would make a difference. Did you try renaming one of the files and seeing if that works?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I've heard of metadata causing issues with certain distributors/aggregators.

That being said, I've been putting metadata (from WaveLab) carefully in my master WAV files for years, and have only had one reported problem when submitting the WAV directly to iHeartMedia. I have no idea why/how the client was doing this, but removing the metadata solved the problem.

It would be interesting to know what digital distributor is giving you this trouble, and if requesting a WAV version with no metadata from your mastering engineer solves it.

That's the only thing I can think of.

That, or maybe the files are not truly 16-bit/44.1k. Do you have a reliable app to check this?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
It's always best to contact the ME first.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reierson View Post
It's always best to contact the ME first.
Agreed. People when left to their own devices do the darnedest things to audio files that can really cause damage.

I would much prefer the client contact me directly to resolve the issue which should be pretty simple.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I've head of files being rejected because of the bwf chunk.

Another vote for contacting the ME directly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search