The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ozone 9 master assistant quieter than 8?
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Nut

Ozone 9 master assistant quieter than 8?

I've been comparing Ozone 8's master assistant to Ozone 9's and it's incredible how much quieter Ozone 9 is, I've tried matching the settings but no matter what it's at least 2db's quieter than Ozone 8. It sounds fine but Ozone 8 was good at getting transparent loud masters, what's going on with 9?
Old 21st October 2019
Lives for gear

I'm finding the exact opposite with 9, much louder than 8, closer to the reference.
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
I'm finding the exact opposite with 9, much louder than 8, closer to the reference.
Have you tried without using reference? I'm trying to get a similar volume to CD at medium, but everything I try is roughly 2dbs quieter, High gets closer, but then it sounds much more compressed than version 8 did with medium.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisish View Post
Have you tried without using reference? I'm trying to get a similar volume to CD at medium, but everything I try is roughly 2dbs quieter, High gets closer, but then it sounds much more compressed than version 8 did with medium.
I never use their recommendations, never really used master assistant much in 8, but it seems a lot better now. I know the limiter is supposed to null with the one in 8, but something sounds much better in 9, I've been getting great results so far.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search