The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Amari mystery machine.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Antelope Amari mystery machine.

I've read the threads on the forums about the Amari and there really isn't any answers about this machine. There's one guy who gave an opinion and said it was so detailed it lost musicality. I'm on the fence about the Amari or the dangerous convert ad+. The Amari has a to d and d to a. And the dangerous only has a to d. They are similar in price. Any new users?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I had one in for review. The drivers, routing, and operation hurt my brain so much that I never got to actually use it.

Considering other issues/concerns I've heard with their customer support and issues, I wasn't inspired to invest any more time into it.

In that price range, get a Lynx HILO or Prism Lyra 2, or HEDD Quantum if you have the budget.
Old 4 weeks ago
I have an Antelope Amari. It's just an amazing DA converter! I haven't tested the AD conversion yet, as the unit is just in. The routing, drivers etc really is a piece of cake to get installed/working. VERY detailed and clean! I compared it to several DA converters, like Merging Horus, Merging Anubis, Prism Orpheus, Metric Halo ULN8 and the Apogee Symphony 2x6 SE. Amari gives you the most detailed experience of them all. The only ones I still want to test myself are Cranesong Solaris and the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

No idea about Amari, but the AD+ rules, very happy with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaesion View Post
I've read the threads on the forums about the Amari and there really isn't any answers about this machine. There's one guy who gave an opinion and said it was so detailed it lost musicality. I'm on the fence about the Amari or the dangerous convert ad+. The Amari has a to d and d to a. And the dangerous only has a to d. They are similar in price. Any new users?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search