The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Lucid 88192 as a router / patchbay? Lucid / Hilo combo
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Lucid 88192 as a router / patchbay? Lucid / Hilo combo

Anyone using a Lucid 88192 or similar 'extension' multi-channel ADC/DAC in your setup? I picked one up for cheap but won't have it in the studio for another couple weeks. This'll be additional ins and out to my Hilo. I'd like to set it up as a router / patchbay if possible. The manual doesn't get into great detail about this kind of use. I'm hoping to route freely, digital to analog and back, passing through what I need as I need in the order I need. Currently I'm using the one pair of analog ins/outs (beside the pair dedicated to monitoring) on the Hilo to a patchbay > analog gear and also SPDIF out on the Hilo to a Z-Systems digital router > digital chain & back. This allows me to run a loop of both as groups as necessary, what I'd LIKE to do is 1. be able to address a single processor exclusively or group thereof in any order along the chain with patchbay-less order switching in the DAW (I know exactly what to do in the software to accommodate this)2. use the routing for parallel processing to processors that do not have a built-in control / blend for such - a single instance available on ay session would be a-ok, or I could use a patchbay there if ins/outs are at a shortage . . . I've only recently started making a switch from mostly software to mostly hardware - questions a-plenty!

Thanks for any input!

PS - my thought is I need to use ADAT SMUX to use every channel (>2) . . . yes?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I use one for 8 channels of hardware ADAT inserts. Fantastic ADC (very little info on it, I also clock my ol’ 002r to it).

EDIT: I use it as you’ve described, but not as parallel I/O (just sequential inserts of hardware processors before/after other plugins/hw effects).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search