The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Analog room correction EQ
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Congrats on the new setup Mark! That must sound incredible.
Thanks Ross! The last 12 months have been a blur, but Ive finally settled in a new room that works much better than my old one, and the 5 before that.

The 8Cs let me work in an unfinished room and deliver great sounding masters. I learned how well the 8Cs (and Kii's) mitigate low end room issues to delivery an incredible response that translates effortlessly. I even ended up dropping the Trinnov and using the internal filters which was awesome.

I could have stayed with the 8Cs forever, but decided to complete the original plan set in motion at the start of the new build (hence the soffit walls being designed from the beginning), and so when my credit finally recovered I went for it.

And now to recover again, it looks like the 8Cs must go. I will miss them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
If you want to keep going down this route , you can bypass the multiheader pin connector (the return of the amplified signal) and wire straight to each amplifier channel with very thick gauge cables.

The board has points specifically designed for this that are spaced out (because you can't put a larger gauge than ATC already use for the multi connector as it is maxed.)
I was wondering what those big points were for! Have you guys done it? Worth it?

I already buttoned everything up and am happily working again so maybe one day I'll motivate.

But thanks for that info!
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr View Post
I was wondering what those big points were for! Have you guys done it? Worth it?
I have not done it. Currently have 4 rooms with the large ATC speakers 5.1 monitoring setups (not the only brand of monitoring in use.) 3 are freestanding and will probably stay that way. 1 was in-wall, currently freestanding, but will be in-wall again in a year (currently doing a 1/2 mil construction/remodel for the room it’ll go into; current room has been the temp studio for 3 years). That set might get the cabling done since it’s the longer runs that matter more for gauge. ATC was the one to encourage it (we had ATC make the previous cables for when it was in-wall.)

In the end, though, the shortest cable possible is the most beneficial so the ones with the amps directly attached really don’t see much benefit from changing those cables.

I have seen the amps wired to those points by other users, however.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search