The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gapless Master for Spotify Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 1 week ago
Gapless Master for Spotify

Hello all
Bit of advice needed if anyone can help!
I have mastered an album that has gapless transitions between songs. I made sure that each track starts on a zero point on waveform so no clicks etc. And will play when imported into a daw or iTunes without gaps. After a quick check before release on soundcloud the band noticed gaps which I made them aware is a problem with soundcloud not the files but it spooked them a bit.

Now before upload to Spotify they would like to insure that the album is gapless, from my own research it seems best chance of this is just upload wavs they have, but they were informed another label uploaded a gapless album to Spotify by uploading one full length track and encoding PQ points on it!
Is this possible?
I will be supplying a DDP which will be done from one album length file but can PQ points be encoded on wav and will Spotify read them when converting to ogg vorbis?
I would rather not go with secondhand information I'm unsure of, seems clear if the wavs have no gaps the ogg vorbis files should have no gaps.
Is this right?
Thanks in advance for any help
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I've never heard of a full length track with index points for streaming sites. I doubt that's a thing.

Spotify apparently already has gapless playback for albums, though it may not work perfectly.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=oXP...30.m26oaJ6qoSA

The larger problem is that all the other streaming sites may not have that feature. Spotify isn't the only player in the game...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...d-by-audience/
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search