The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wavelab Watch folders alternative
Old 7th May 2019
Here for the gear

Wavelab Watch folders alternative

Hi guys,

I own Wavelab 9.5 and love the feature of watch folders. But I need it on the server and with USB dongle it limits my project.

I found a Japanese company with a software which has watch folder feature but software is limited and last update was in 2017.

Maybe anyone knows a good product which supports VST plugins and has Watch Folders feature?

Best Regards
Denis
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelab Help
Any kind of File Explorer/macOS Finder folder can be defined as Watch Folder.
I assume you want a folder on a server to be the watch folder and to have your DAW computer process things put into it from other computers.

That should be rather simple. Just set up an SMB/NFS share for the watch folder. Map it to the DAW computer, and point the batch processor at it. And allow other computers on your network to write to that folder. You could even set it up as a write-only share so that other computers would be able to start the process but not mess with the output files once created, if you want that functionality.

It should be pretty transparent.

You could accomplish the same basic thing with Dropbox/SpiderOak/Nextcloud/Syncthing/etc., except the folder would actually exist on the DAW's drive, and the other computers with access would have a copy. That may be preferable if you don't already have a good backup procedure.

And the eLicenser would just stay on the DAW machine.
Old 8th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostapha View Post
I assume you want a folder on a server to be the watch folder and to have your DAW computer process things put into it from other computers.

That should be rather simple. Just set up an SMB/NFS share for the watch folder. Map it to the DAW computer, and point the batch processor at it. And allow other computers on your network to write to that folder. You could even set it up as a write-only share so that other computers would be able to start the process but not mess with the output files once created, if you want that functionality.

It should be pretty transparent.

You could accomplish the same basic thing with Dropbox/SpiderOak/Nextcloud/Syncthing/etc., except the folder would actually exist on the DAW's drive, and the other computers with access would have a copy. That may be preferable if you don't already have a good backup procedure.

And the eLicenser would just stay on the DAW machine.

Thank You for nice idea!! I believe Wavelab is a unique product and watch folders with vst support functionality is a unique combination. I saw Sequoia has it but the price is huge!!
We will try it the way you described, blessings!!

Cheers
Denis

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search