The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MFiT in 2019 ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
MFiT in 2019 ?

does MFiT approved studios list still exist ?

one of local digital audio sellers claims that they are checking it while sending ACC files to itunes store for distribution .true or false ?

Last edited by TurnT; 1 week ago at 06:10 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

MFiT is locked to each mastering engineer.

Apple will reject submissions to the store as a MFiT release if the mastering engineer isn't on their list. It is not a published list but if someone (label/artist) tries to submit an audio track that comes from someone not on that list, it will get rejected and the submitter will then have to submit to the regular store. The whole process of trying to deceive Apple creates a delay to get into the store too. Claiming to be MFiT approved to a client will only annoy the client (since their track will get rejected.)

MFiT engineers know what info needs to be provided.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnT View Post
does MFiT approved studios list still exist ?

one of local digital audio sellers claims that they are checking it while sending ACC files to itunes store for distribution .true or false ?
The list exists. Sending AAC files for distribution is another sure way of it being rejected.
What's sent are 24 bit native sample rate wav files, ideally checked for no clipping via iTunes' encoder.

I'm waiting for the whole thing to differentiate itself further from the regular iTunes catalogue by switching to ALAC and supporting native 48k sources, doing away with SRC and potential encoder clipping entirely.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

They look for the studio/engineer by e-mail adress, at least that is what my experience was quite recently. The MFiT masters where rejected at first because 'I wasn't listed'. They checked by using my new e-mail adres which wasn't on the list. My old one did and after I send that to the client, the aggregator got a confirmation that I was on the list indeed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search