The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replacing Kush Clariphonic MKII (Mastering ITB) Equalizer Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Replacing Kush Clariphonic MKII (Mastering ITB)

Hey slutz!

I’m looking to replace Kush Clariphonic MKII, for mastering purposes.

Can anything (ITB) replace/surpass/be compared to it? Please let me know which ones you have tested, and why you chose the ones you did.

My goal is to get my digital mastering quality closer to that which is achievable with the MK2 (or other comparable/effective) hardware units.

With the Kush Clariphonic MKII:

In particular, 34 kHz silk is used on 60% of the tracks that I master. I also love the sheen (8 kHz) and the others have their usage as well. I really love th sound of it, but I found issues (old 32 bit version with REAPER).

I used Maag EQ4 for a couple of years, doing +0.5 on the air band (40 kHz), and I ended up switching to the MKII (as my go-to). I still occasionally reach for Maag, sometimes in combination with MKII. I’ve tried some others, but none that I’d compare to the MKII.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Could you please elaborate on «*issues*» ? I use the Clariphonic with Reaper on a regular basis, 32bit or 64bit, and everything works fine.
Old 2 weeks ago
hi there check the plugin alliance black box hg-2... does what the clariphonic does(i own the clariphonic for a year now) and more ;-)
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniis35 View Post
hi there check the plugin alliance black box hg-2... does what the clariphonic does(i own the clariphonic for a year now) and more ;-)
TY. Will check it out. I ran across some others that I want to look into, and will post about any that I find useful. One was Eiosis AirEQ Premium... looks pretty neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit D View Post
Could you please elaborate on «*issues*» ? I use the Clariphonic with Reaper on a regular basis, 32bit or 64bit, and everything works fine.
Posted them here, when I was tired and scatter brained:

Detecting Issues In High Frequencies - Problem Solving To Fix Issues

I read online that the older version of MKII (that I have) was reported to have issues with REAPER (and then they updated it, but this is a friend's old computer and I don't have access to the updated version).
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I read online that the older version of MKII (that I have) was reported to have issues with REAPER (and then they updated it, but this is a friend's old computer and I don't have access to the updated version).
Ok I’m sorry but I can’t help. First I don’t understand a word of what you’re trying to achieve in the other thread. Second, you’re in the Mastering Forum here, you can’t give explanations like “this is a friend’s old computer, 32bit plugin, no updated possible” and hope for help.

Is it something that you explain to your clients ? Sorry my masters are corrupted because I’m working in a bad computer and I can’t upgrade ?? This is not serious at all.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMuzzl3 View Post
TY. Will check it out. I ran across some others that I want to look into, and will post about any that I find useful. One was Eiosis AirEQ Premium... looks pretty neat.

Posted them here, when I was tired and scatter brained:

Detecting Issues In High Frequencies - Problem Solving To Fix Issues

got the air eq as well... the blackbox is not an eq or just an eq...demo it
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru
Why? You obviously like the Clariphonic. It is a specific parallel processor. You'll find different not better......
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search