The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why do Mastering Post Topics Seem so Perpetual?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Why do Mastering Post Topics Seem so Perpetual?

...like ...has anyone identified an exact mark where it all begins to repeat again?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What's your favorite convertors for clipping?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

What are you guys doing for room treatment?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Larry Crane told me years ago he stopped doing articles on mastering engineers and facilities for Tape-Op as they were all starting to read the same. I can see that if people don’t know the right questions to ask.

I could talk about many things I’ve never seen in any articles... but then I’d have to kill you all after I told you as they are my trade secrets. lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Seems like some topics get repeated on a more or less regular basis. I guess it depends on what people are doing or not doing. Topics like "what is the best equalizer" seem to show up almost weekly. Topics like "how to attract more clients" seem to show up less frequently. FWIW and MTCW
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I like deep questions like, "What does mastering mean to you?" or "What can I buy for $5k?"
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

"I know this has been answered before, but no one has answered lately, so..."
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

"I searched and found nothing, can someone tell me what the best plug in is for getting that magic, 3-d sound that can't be described in objective terminology whatsoever?"

"Can you believe how terrible this remaster/new pop release is?"

"How do you get it loud without it sounding like trash?? I've tried everything but I just can't get it to sound as good as (insert high budget mainstream release here)."

"Do cables make a difference?" followed by 30 pages of the usual suspects arguing

If you ask me I think one of the reasons for this perpetuity is that most of the folks posting such questions aren't mastering engineers. They come up with a "mastering" question and go straight to the "mastering" forum of GS-- seems like the perfect place to ask. They claim they did a search, but we all know they didn't search whatsoever-- the search function here actually works quite well, and they would have discovered a treasure trove of similar threads. They don't regularly hang out here so they don't know the stereotypical posts that come up over and over. And we as ME's very naturally want to "help" people, in many ways it's against our internal program to ignore those kinds of posts, so regular members ultimately respond and the broken record loops around again.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I personally would prefer redundant threads about eqs or room treatment or even ****ing lufs numbers to pointless threads where we complain about stuff.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This thread will embed itself in the loop of threads I suspect.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search