The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
recs for sequencing/mastering DAW on Windows (was using DSP Quattro) Mas­ter­ing Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
recs for sequencing/mastering DAW on Windows (was using DSP Quattro)

Hi all, wasn't sure to post this in here or in the "Music Computers" forum...

TL;DR: I am looking for a mastering DAW for Windows 10 that has the same functionality and features as DSP-Quattro on Mac OS X.

For the past several years I've been using DSP-Quattro V4 on OSX as my mastering DAW app for final master sequencing and prep (I am doing the actual audio processing and editing in PT) and have come to enjoy it's workflow for what it is. I originally purchased it for its functionality to generate DDP sets but have also use more of the features.

I have moved over to a significantly more powerful Windows machine after using Mac OSX and Apple machines for the past 13 years. One of the few things I overlooked is the fact that DSP-Quattro isn't available for Windows...

I am *very* new to Windows and have done a bit of research on my own into software. Sound Forge and WaveLab appear to be pretty standard in the mastering world. Any pros/cons or alternatives I might have overlooked?

I do own Izotope Ozone 8 Advanced, but I admittedly have never used the standalone app and have only used the plug-ins while working in PT and DSP-Quattro so I don't know what it's capable of. I also have RX7 so having built-in restoration/detailed editing functionality in the DAW is not very important to me.

For the time being, I am flying over my final masters out of PT on the Windows machine to my old Mac for editing in DSP Quattro but this is kind of a pain and not something I want to be doing long-term.

Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

With Windows you actually have more options than Mac one could argue.

Try WaveLab, or see if Samplitude Pro works for you.

If I were on Windows I’d consider Sequoia or Pyramix but those are on the more expensive side.

For some really simple, try HOFA CD-Burn.DDP.Master or Sonoris DDP Creator but those are a bit too limited in my opinion.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
REAPER plus a decent DDP package (Sonoris of HOFA).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post
REAPER plus a decent DDP package (Sonoris of HOFA).
No need for ddp package. The ddp export is as reliable and easy as any other software. Unless you need a ddp player for the client or mp3 tagging there is no need for another software.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolos Siopis View Post
No need for ddp package. The ddp export is as reliable and easy as any other software. Unless you need a ddp player for the client or mp3 tagging there is no need for another software.
In my experience it's much easier for me and my clients (with the branded player I send them) to use a dedicated DDP authoring package. So no, maybe not 100% necessary, but IMO worth the couple hundred extra. And I do regularly make use of the player for clients and all the meta data and import/export functions. I have Sonoris DDP Player Pro and The HOFA Player Maker. If I could ditch them and just use REAPER, I for sure would.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post
In my experience it's much easier for me and my clients (with the branded player I send them) to use a dedicated DDP authoring package. So no, maybe not 100% necessary, but IMO worth the couple hundred extra. And I do regularly make use of the player for clients and all the meta data and import/export functions. I have Sonoris DDP Player Pro and The HOFA Player Maker. If I could ditch them and just use REAPER, I for sure would.
I also use hofa to deliver the ddp...but i cant see any real benefit in creating it with an external application...in reaper it is just as easy and idiot proof as in sonoris or hofa...

In fact i timed it and it seems as a waste of time

Disclaimer: i am not trying to change anyone's methods...just trying to provide useful information to the op
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search