The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nice new plug in from Voxengo and it is free
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Nice new plug in from Voxengo and it is free

Check out Multi-Band Correlation Meter Plugin [VST, AU, AAX] - Correlometer | Voxengo

It is very interesting to see how masters check out with this plug in. FWIW
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
When would you find this useful?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reierson View Post
With the right color scheme and display settings it's very good at looking cool.

Seriously though, in a mastering context it could be useful for identifying antiphase content if strong mono compatibility is important for the song and target environment. Especially in the low end. Proper monitoring and listening experience let you know this too, of course.

Like any analysis tool it could be helpful occasionally if you know how to interpret it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
IME, a mono swith will tell you more about mono compatibility than a meter.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Yes of course it will. None of these analysis tools are really necessary or superior to other checking methods, I'm just offering an example of how someone may use it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

is it more or less the same as what you find in the hofa analyzer (but for free)?
Attached Thumbnails
Nice new plug in from Voxengo and it is free-hofa.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reierson View Post
We do a lot of transfer work. We also do a lot of restoration. The plugin comes in very handy to see what frequencies are out of phase. A project we just finished had all the bass out of phase through out the whole two record sides. I could hear the problem but the meter was much more percise in figuring out where the phase was messed up.

Have you tried it? I just thought others would want to know about it.

I guess not!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This is Voxengo! He doesn't make useless tools. Personally, I think this plugin is a bit more useful in a mixing environment and not so much as a mastering tool. I was working on a singer-songwriter, acoustic project and managed to move things around to make things breathe a bit better together. In this particular song, it was subtle, yet clearly preferable. More lively.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Could come in handy indeed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
This is Voxengo! He doesn't make useless tools.

voxengo is generally underrated, maybe because of the simple GUI's.
very sympatic company & alexey have great ears and skills.
he beaten often the "big software houses" .
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
We do a lot of transfer work. We also do a lot of restoration. The plugin comes in very handy to see what frequencies are out of phase. A project we just finished had all the bass out of phase through out the whole two record sides. I could hear the problem but the meter was much more percise in figuring out where the phase was messed up.

Have you tried it? I just thought others would want to know about it.

I guess not!
Thanks for the info Thomas, this will be tested today as I have a Vinyle session coming in
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

And a happy new year to everyone of course !
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Say you identify at which frequencies the program is uncorrelated, what can you do about it in a mastering context? I'm curious what you guys are doing with this information.

There was a Melda [Edit: Nugen] tool that had a way of folding difference signal into the sum, with a focus mainly on the low end. It had one of these multiband correlation meters in it which helped identify problematic areas of the spectrum. Pretty heavy handed and only for serious rescue work. I haven't done anything like that for years.

Last edited by SmoothTone; 2 weeks ago at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Correction
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothTone View Post
Say you identify at which frequencies the program is uncorrelated, what can you do about it in a mastering context? I'm curious what you guys are doing with this information.

There was a Melda tool that had a way of folding difference signal into the sum, with a focus mainly on the low end. It had one of these multiband correlation meters in it which helped identify problematic areas of the spectrum. Pretty heavy handed and only for serious rescue work. I haven't done anything like that for years.
I use this plugin a lot for restoration work DrMS << Mathew Lane

And this one for vinyl Monofilter | NUGEN Audio

As usual try them and see if they do what you want them to do.

FWIW
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothTone View Post
Once in a while I get sent a mix with some stereo phase or polarity issue in just one instrument. Recently it was a stereo piano in a live Jazz recording. Some careful low mid EQ cuts to the side signal did some good. I didn't have a multiband correlation meter, but by ear it can be done sometimes, depending on the mix.

I'll demo this plug-in. It'll be interesting to visualize what's happening when I'm mucking around with mid-side EQ. What the heck - it's free...

Thanks Thomas!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search