The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Meaning of system linearity for the audio engineer
Old 1 week ago
Meaning of system linearity for the audio engineer

I finally found the time to finish a larger article on system linearity and how it can improve confidence, workflow, fidelity and who knows, maybe even your karma?

Meaning of system linearity in audio production | Tokyo Dawn Records

It's a long read. Let me hear you thoughts (and suggestions for improvement if you see any)!

I know that threads pointing to blog posts aren't super welcome in the forum. I would have posted the contents here, but the extent is simply too large. Yet, I think that the subject addressed in the article is a very relevant one. Mods, I hope it's ok! In doubt, simply delete .
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
A fabulous read Fabien!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
I finally found the time to finish a larger article on system linearity and how it can improve confidence, workflow, fidelity and who knows, maybe even your karma?

Meaning of system linearity in audio production | Tokyo Dawn Records

It's a long read. Let me hear you thoughts (and suggestions for improvement if you see any)!

I know that threads pointing to blog posts aren't super welcome in the forum. I would have posted the contents here, but the extent is simply too large. Yet, I think that the subject addressed in the article is a very relevant one. Mods, I hope it's ok! In doubt, simply delete .
You should write a book man!
With your level of experience and knowledge, it will definitely sell like cakes!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I really appreciated the explanation of the role of noise!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Absolutely fantastic walkthrough of digital linearity. This is the first time I understood the mechanism of dither (that distorted noise=any noise, thus mask with noise and loose distortion).

Many thanks for taking your time to explain all this in straight language, it's a pleasure to read such clarity.

Jakob E.

ps: If you're ever planning a next chapter, could that be on interacting nonlinearities (chaotic functions)? My instinct tells me that world is deep over in that end...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Yes but what if I HEAR a difference...

Just kidding, a great piece as ever!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search