The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Plugin to display image files of outboard gear settings?
Old 4th January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Plugin to display image files of outboard gear settings?

Does anyone know of a plugin, preferably VST PC, that would very simply let you display images, so that I could easily save my digi camera shots of the analogue outboard gear settings right alongside all the plugin presets for the digital side of things, in the same document? At the moment I just save the .jpg files in the same folder as the masters and documents, but it would be cool to be able to pull them up from within the document at any time.
Old 4th January 2019
Gear Addict

https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot

This is the only Win VST I know of.

Session Recall now supports images. It's fantastic and very useful in general but doesn't work as a plugin. It also has a notepad where digital gear presets could be written. I have it always running in the background and the browser is easy enough to use.
Old 4th January 2019
Lives for gear

Verified Member
following
Old 4th January 2019
Lives for gear

Verified Member
+1 for Session Recall. It's not a plugin but it's so great I would still check it out:

Session Recall

It now supports images but I don't have time to take so many photos, I'm able to log accurate enough settings with just the modules themselves.

It's very fast to enter data and the app is very solid/reliable. The developer is very responsive.
Old 4th January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Thanks for these suggestions guys, will check them out.
Old 4th January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Session Recall has no support yet for Chandler or Thermionic Culture gear, which is about half of my outboard chain, so I won't be going there.

Snapshot looks like EXACTLY what I was looking for, so will give it a spin, thank you!
Old 4th January 2019
Gear Guru

came across this after typing 'vst image loader' into google
NLA Releases Free "Snapshot" Image Loader VST/AU/AAX Plugin - Bedroom Producers Blog
Old 4th January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Cheers, same as mentioned above I think.
Old 4th January 2019
Gear Guru

if you try it, report how it goes.

Old 4th January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Will do!
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Head

I use snapshot all the time. Its a life savior for revisions. Before, I just took pictures but they were scattered in my phone and sometimes confusing who's sessions was who's picture wise. Snapshot allows me to save the pictures to the session as a disabled plugin for recall.
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I'm a big fan of Session Recall but I'm surprised they don't have the Chandler or Thermionic gear yet. If they do ever end up getting those templates, I highly recommend it, as it's much quicker then taking a photo, sending it over to the comp, etc... and in many cases can be quite a bit more accurate (though I imagine you have your angle for photographing really dialed in). I'm usually able to document all my recall settings in about 30 seconds, while doing the recording pass through the analog chain.
Old 28th March 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Cheers. Still not got around to trying out Snapshot!
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Head

Im going to have to give Session Recall a try. Absolutely anything to speed up my day and make the little things effortless. Honestly I hadn't heard of it until I seen this thread. Probably will use both if need be. Thanks peeps
Old 29th March 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Snapshot 64 bit only :(
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Can someone please explain how Session Recall works? I could email them, but I'd rather have one of you fine gents do it!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Can someone please explain how Session Recall works? I could email them, but I'd rather have one of you fine gents do it!
It just works. It's the best.

https://www.session-recall.com/en/se.../documentation
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Thanks. So it seems as tho you manually input the values into SR, save the project, and when you re-open it at a later date, you manually input the values to your HW, based on the snapshots in SR. That about it?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks. So it seems as tho you manually input the values into SR, save the project, and when you re-open it at a later date, you manually input the values to your HW, based on the snapshots in SR. That about it?
https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
This page can’t be displayed

So, is that a "no" to my Q?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I use to love teeboy but I don’t think it’s available anymore.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
This page can’t be displayed

So, is that a "no" to my Q?
So, what?
Attached Thumbnails
Plugin to display image files of outboard gear settings?-44.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
So, what, what?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
So, what, what?
This page CAN be displayed....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Nope.

Quote:
That is the same url as in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Plugin to display image files of outboard gear settings?-dis.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Is it really difficult to just answer yes or no?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Hmmm, I guess it really is that difficult to just answer yes or no.

n/m - I will email the co.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin P. View Post
Looks very promising and cool!
Only thing i personally fear through experience: What happens when your computer or system software or program stop working or are updated and then don't work (I say "Mojave")? I want to be able to recall in ten years, and such requests i have always positively managed quite a few times. Plugins on the other side: Njet!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemski View Post
Looks very promising and cool!
Only thing i personally fear through experience: What happens when your computer or system software or program stop working or are updated and then don't work (I say "Mojave")? I want to be able to recall in ten years, and such requests i have always positively managed quite a few times. Plugins on the other side: Njet!
I hear your concern. He is working on a PDF export option for long term archive of the settings in a more generic format.

Personally though, I find this app useful for short term like when a client sends you a new mix a few days or weeks later and you need to use the exact same settings.

I gather that if in 10 years I need to recall something, it's for a full and fresh remaster and these settings won't really matter much.

The developer is very active, responsive, and the app feels solid.

Unlike TeaBoy which I tried a few years ago and it felt like OSX Tiger Framework every time I opened it, and he couldn't make it so you didn't have to log in each time you opened it. Total PITA.

The Session Recall developer does things right so I think this app will be around a long time, even if something happens and he stops developing it...there will be enough time to rescue your settings via PDF export once he implements that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search